1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent in my FOID application a while ago (starting to push 30 days now I think.) I sent mine in 3 or 4 days after my friend did. He got his about a week and half ago. Why the hell is mine taking so long? Is there anywhere I can call or send an email to check on it's status to see if it may have gotten lost in the mail on the way there or back, or just what the hold up is. Man I hate Illinois. I wanted the thing for my 21st birthday, but that is tommorow, so it doesn't look like that will happen. Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
For what it's worth, I feel for you, guy. I was just looking on the website for the Illinois State Police. I saw that a yes/no decision on whether or not to issue the FOID will be made within 30 days of the ISP receiving the application. Also saw this:
Most applications are processed within 30 days from the date your payment is processed at your financial institution. If you have not received a card or letter by the end of the 30 day processing period, you may contact a customer service representative at 217-782-7980, Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
To tell you the truth, I don't think the length of your wait is all that unusual. The really ridiculous part is that I got my CCW permits from Pennsylvania and New Hampshire in less than two weeks (I can point you to info on how to apply for either of those if you want).

P.S. I know you're disappointed, but happy birthday anyway.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kjhof said:
For what it's worth, I feel for you, guy. I was just looking on the website for the Illinois State Police. I saw that a yes/no decision on whether or not to issue the FOID will be made within 30 days of the ISP receiving the application. Also saw this:
To tell you the truth, I don't think the length of your wait is all that unusual. The really ridiculous part is that I got my CCW permits from Pennsylvania and New Hampshire in less than two weeks (I can point you to info on how to apply for either of those if you want).

P.S. I know you're disappointed, but happy birthday anyway.
Thanks for the info and the well wishing. Maybe, just maybe I will actually get it today. I think I'll give it about a week before I call the number since I don't remember exactly when I sent it and I don't want to call buggin them if it hasn't been the full 30days.

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
My brother in laws took 3 months and he had to call three different times. He had a minor arrest when he was a teen, 20 years or so ago. And it held his up a lot. You can call the state police they should be able to direct you to the right office and give you the phone number. A few months ago they were out apps everywhere around me for over a month. Thier office just seems not to get in to much of a hurry about things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.