1911Forum banner

Any word on the DW Commander (especially in 10mm)?

1621 Views 13 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  gendarms2000
Haven't been on the forum for a while and I was just wondering.

My Razorback continues to impress, BTW. :) It has been flawless since its little trip to the factory right after I got it.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
811 Posts
SauerKraut,
We are hard at work on some new items for you all. A new commander is in the works. We are still getting it all together and should be able to start showing you all some of the proto-types within 6 weeks.

Thanks,
Bob
DWF
:)

· Registered
180 Posts
Any chance of a Bobtail on that Commander, Bob?

I'm hoping for:

-Commander-length with no FCS
-Bobtailed frame and thin grips
-Stainless
-Novak bar-dot night sights
-Ambi-safety option

· Registered
153 Posts
SauerKraut said:
My Razorback continues to impress, BTW. :) It has been flawless since its little trip to the factory right after I got it.
As well has mine. It's an extremely smooth, well functioning (albeit heavy), 1911. That heavy slide however is almost certainly a good thing in a 10mm 1911.

I'd still love to see Dan Wesson come out with a (well running) CCO in 10mm, with no fcs. That'll create at least as much attention as the RZ did.

· Registered
199 Posts
Com'on Bob, lets make this Commander in 9mm. The market is crying out for a 9mm Commander because there has been none made or available since Colt stopped making them some time ago. This would be the ideal caliber and size gun for a lot of IDPA shooters. Don't take my word for it, just read the article in the July/Aug issue of "American Handgunner" starting on page 66, and more to the point, page 103, which states that the 9mm is the top choice for IDPA. I might add that it will be very popular now in UPSA, as it was just voted in for the major power factor in this organization. You might add to the appeal of a 9mm in the market place is that it is cheaper to shoot, lighter recoil, and ammo more readily available. These are factors that the 10mm can't lay claim to, plus I have yet to see or hear of anyone shooting a 10mm in IDPA, USPSA, or ISPSA.

· Registered
267 Posts
Yeah, that durn 10mm just has too much power and bone shattering recoil. Bring on the 9's!

And when I do start shooting competition, it will be with my 10. Then I guess I'll be the first! Although I find that very hard to believe.

· Registered
309 Posts
I use my 10 for pins and steel all the time.. I agree though a 9mm commander would be a great package.. iether that or a 9mm heavy weight like the Les baer monolith with full length dust cover and boxy slide would be really nice too..

· Registered
13 Posts
Woodyed,
I'm guessing "central NYS" is central New York State.
If that is true stop by to Whitney Point( SQ Deal) and Cortland County IDPA to see a 10mm RZ in action. If you know where the Fulton Pathfinder's club is, there are at least 2 shooters there that shoot 10mm in USPSA on a semi-regular basis.
I agree there is more of a demand for 9mms in general.

· Registered
268 Posts
woodyed said:
Com'on Bob, lets make this Commander in 9mm. The market is crying out for a 9mm Commander because there has been none made or available since Colt stopped making them some time ago. This would be the ideal caliber and size gun for a lot of IDPA shooters. Don't take my word for it, just read the article in the July/Aug issue of "American Handgunner" starting on page 66, and more to the point, page 103, which states that the 9mm is the top choice for IDPA. I might add that it will be very popular now in UPSA, as it was just voted in for the major power factor in this organization. You might add to the appeal of a 9mm in the market place is that it is cheaper to shoot, lighter recoil, and ammo more readily available. These are factors that the 10mm can't lay claim to, plus I have yet to see or hear of anyone shooting a 10mm in IDPA, USPSA, or ISPSA.
I occasionally shoot IDPA ESP or SSP and USPSA Limited w/a 10mm, but it's my G20 not my RZ.

I don't think anyone would shoot a commander in Open division - isn't that where major 9 is allowed?

A 9mm is ideal for IDPA, and a 1911 9mm is ideal for ESP. But a full size 1911 is better there as it's even easier to control.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.