1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve picked up 2 of his .22lr conversions, one of which is a full Kart build. Can anybody share a story about the man or his work? Has anybody seen or heard of a full stainless kit?
Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gun barrel Sleeve

·
Registered
507 Posts
I’ll gladly trade my Kimber Rimfire Target for it, if your really uncertain of its quality!

Nice pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22,682 Posts
That is a strange one, extended everything and pivot trigger conversion. Perhaps an IPSC practice piece instead of a bullseye shooter.

Say, that is what I am now using my Nelson Conversion for; IDPA practice and match under rimfire dispensations in an age of scarce and expensive centerfire ammo and components.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Comments appreciated gents. I’ve chased a Kart conversion for a long time and couldn’t walk from this one. It will be all bullseye in my hand.
Since posting this thread I’ve gone back through every post that used his name. There are two other SS conversions that I’ve seen now. That question is answered. I’m looking forward to meeting Mr Kart and hope that happens in time

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Isn’t this the one that’s basically a S&W 41 design on 1911 frame?
Yes the slide is similar. In the early 90’s that is how the conversion was first described to me…Kart converted a .45 into a model 41 lol. When I saw the shot groups I became a believer

·
Registered
506 Posts
I paid a visit to Fred’s shop in Shalotte, NC to pick up one of his X-act Fit barrels for a build. They’re only about an hour from where I live. Ended up spending about an hour talking with Fred and one of his guys, Kyle. They showed me around the shop and how they make their barrels. Real nice people to talk with and Fred was really enthusiastic to show me how they tested the head space and fitting of barrels with a special jig he came up with.
Looking to go back to get another barrel for my full size SA Operator. IMO, you can’t go wrong with his stuff.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Is that a Kart frame? Some of the modifications appear to be more recent than the demise of his conversion kits.
I would expect stippling instead of checkering. No magazine well since most all his conversions were for Bullseye. There is no need of an extended thumb safety or an enlarged magazine release. The slide stop is of a different profile from his steel conversion kits. I did not know he ever made it in stainless.
My guess is a highly modified aftermarket gun but what do I know?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts