1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They look real nice. Thought I would order a set of 320s.

No, I have nothing to do with this outfit, yada, yada.

·
Registered
124 Posts
grips

VZ Gatorback grips are the only grips I use now for all my 1911s. I have small hands and they feel the best for me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've got a pair of VZ operators on my Springfield Pro---very comfortable and not skin shredding like my gunners

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
I had them on my my main carry piece, and still have them on my IWB gun. Here's my SA Mil Spec with a set of black paper Gator Backs (it now wears ebony double diamonds):

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
YES, I am a believer in VZ grips

Sergeant:

I have the VZ's on my Les Baer's and STI Target Master. I will be fitting these over time on all my 1911's. Yes, sir, I am indeed fully infected by the 1911 colletion disease. Thank goodness I have a safe to hide them all in from my wife.

I like the blasted black canvas on my chromed Thunder Ranch and Commanche Monolith, micarta on another monolith and linen on the target master. The blasted canvas seems to be comfortable as well as having the ability to absorb sweat. Just need to wash them every now and then. the others work just fine too. i expected a significant degree of comfort and performance between the different materials, but I do not notice much of a difference. Only in the blasted canvas, do to it's ability to absorb a little liquid.

I highly praise these grips. i believe the best on the market.

Second place would be the sand paper grips found on the Springfield Operator. i contacted Springfield and they sell these grip as an accessory for around $30 through your Springfield dealer.

Cheers,

RkyMtn45 in Denver

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have Them

I have the Black Canvas on my Pro-Carry HD II (Bobtail conversion). Going on 2 years I guess. They only issue I have with them is they do soak up solvents and oils. Leavs them a bit darker in spots. But it hasn't caused any problems.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Add me to the list of people who will no longer buy any other grips. I have black linen GBs on my Operator, red/black paper GB on my full size, same thing on a bobtail I'm having built and green canvas GB on my pseudo-MEU(SOC) that PWS Quantico is building for me. They are awesome grips. The gatorback design allows the meat of your hands and fingers to fall into the grooves without having any sharp edges. Concealment carments don't hang up but you still have a solid gripping surface. Its far and away the best grip I've ever used.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Count Me In

I have several sets on my mine.
320 on a Nkl Gov 45
green/black on springfield
and the New Operators on a 9mm Gov..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts