1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!! The 1911 stockmonster is attacking me! I want some killer stock panels with Colt medallions. Ajax Custom Grips offers something they call Staglite(tm) and it looks gooooood. They also install genuine Colt medallions for an extra picture of the late Alexander Hamilton.

I may also be interested in some of their fake ivory. It is supposed to yellow with age. Same ten dollar deal on the medallions.

Anybody own any of this stuff? How's the quality, durability, looks, and feel? Do the medallions fall out? Owners of the above Ajax panels please feel free to post some pics.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Inspector Harry Callahan,
I can't tell you too much about the Ajax brand but I can recommend www.boonetrading.com for any ivory/fake ivory needs you may have. I ordered my ivory grips through them. They have excellent service, reasonable prices, and described the grips to a T. You can also call them at 1-800-423-1945.

------------------

·
Registered
370 Posts
i got the black "pearlite" grips on my 1911, and i like them. they seem to be quality grips, but i dont have the medallion in the grips. ive never heard a bad thing about ajax grips.
i think it would be cheaper to buy the ajax grips from a gun show than direct from the company. i paid $20 for my grips, the vendor was selling them for $28, the ones with medallions were $43. direct from ajax i think the grips were $15 more.
you can also get no medallions in the grips, and later decide to put them in, ajax will do it for like $10.
take your gun to the gun show and examine and fit the grips to your gun before you buy -- it pays to shop around www.ajaxgrips.com

------------------
Caspian frame + Colt parts = Col-spian? or Cas-olt?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts