1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the Holidays are upon us. That means 2 things...polls...and some techy- fun. One thing I used to do was an accuracy comparison between different brands, from my Ransom Rest. Well, me-thinks it's time for another.

Sound good? If so, lemme know what brands you'd like to see compared, and I'll take it from there!

I can just see the side-line wagering in KCMO from here... ;)

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
What distance? What ammo, all the same or you going to find the "one" that each individual gun likes best?

What brands? Fusion, Ed Brown, Taurus, Colt (Gold Cup), Springfield.

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
I would like to see the difference in the Springer Loaded, Fusion, Colt vs the CBOB, Valor, Marksman, and Heritage.
Clyde

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
LB vs DW, something like a Premier II vs. a Marksman or Valor or Stinger vs CBOB What are our brand options Dave? I think it would be cool to see EB vs Wilson, EB vs DW and of course the one we've all been dreaming of, Keltec vs Highpoint!!!:biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I would like to see a PM9(to keep it caliber fair) and Valor, Marksman? vs Sig X-5 Competition.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Ed Brown Carry, Fusion and CBOB as these are the ones I was considering when I bought the CBOB.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Compare

How about an ol timey 1911, straight, no smithing; in the mix?

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
I have a better shoot out Dave VS Sarge? With the best of their 1911 collection? Navy Vs Army all over again.............

Clyde

·
Registered
167 Posts
It sure would be interesting to see the differences between brands and also between models. Sure, your going to get a pistol once in a while that is either a extreme tack driver or one that throws fliers. BUT, nine times out of ten the gun you tried would be a average of what make and model they sold.
If you can do this. PLEASE give us a really detailed report on each pistol!!! I know it would be a great read!!!!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Well Carp.. Fusion, Baer, Brown vs Valor, Marksman in Govt class.

Same brands commanders Vs CBOB/CCO maybe add a Kimber in somewhere.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Nah, Navy guys cry to easily. :biglaugh: Realistically, Dave would probably just embarrass me anyway. I hear he's got a 1911 with a 25 yard barrel on it. Just puts it up to the bullseye and pulls the trigger. Perfect every time. :eek::biglaugh:
Good idea Dave, I'd like to see a Fusion bob against a CBOB (preferably my Beastbob) from a ransom rest. It would be interesting. In my off hand shooting they both seem very similar.
Sarge

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
Let me know if you need a few Cimbers (Ultra, Pro, Gov't).

I'd be happy to drive them up to ya, and stick around for the testing (not that I don't trust ya or anything...) :D

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Nah, Navy guys cry to easily. :biglaugh: Realistically, Dave would probably just embarrass me anyway. I hear he's got a 1911 with a 25 yard barrel on it. Just puts it up to the bullseye and pulls the trigger. Perfect every time. :eek::biglaugh:
Good idea Dave, I'd like to see a Fusion bob against a CBOB (preferably my Beastbob) from a ransom rest. It would be interesting. In my off hand shooting they both seem very similar.
Sarge
Hey Sarge, That sounds great, However he hasn't let us know even if he has started your Beastbob yet.??????????????????

Clyde

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
He may not have, and that's okay. I told him to take whatever time he needs. He's a little busy you know. :biglaugh: I'm sure it will be more than worth whatever the wait time is.
Sarge

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
"Mayors trophy game"

How about the "Mayors trophy game" CBOB vs. CBOB (10mm vs. 45):rock:

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'd really like to see something out of Sig's line of 1911s. I've found the few I shot to be quite accurate and they seem awfully under-represented around these parts. As somewhat of a newb to the platform I'm curious how they stack up against some of the tried and true big names in the 1911 community.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts