1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, guys. just wondering if anybody had one. ive been looking for ever at all the "micros'" i.e. kimber ultra cdp 2, S.A. micro compact and the PARA .

i love the d.a. trigger on these lda's. plus the extra 7oz. of wieght should help on shootability.

just wondering dislikes, likes ect.....

·
Banned
277 Posts
Have one myself? No.

- Ability to drop in a pocket.

- Perhaps deployable on an ankle.

DISLIKES

- Unique size restricts interchangability of 1911 magazines, grips, and many other parts.

- Least reliable (by design) of all Para models, perhaps with the exception of the P10.

- The concealability gains due to its size have consequences. Controlability and capacity compromises are too costly when compared to the marginal concealability gains vs. a C7 or even a CCW.

Just my .02

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have the Para Carry and carry it daily. I've had zero problems with it. I've shot some real hot loads and am always able to hit my targets.

Cheaper than Dirt has the 6.45 mags listed but out of stock for like $25. I've seen them online for up to $35, but it's still cheaper than double stack Para mags.

I looked at the Carry vs the Kimber CDP. I liked the idea the Kimber was 25 oz vs. 30 oz on the Para, but was unsure about carrying cocked and locked and single action. So I went with the Para Carry much for the LDA trigger and the bobbed beavertail - I had problems printing with the regular beavertail in the position I carry.

I special ordered the Carry and the only time I ordered a Para the feedramp was very rough on my P18. Absoutely no problems here.

·
Registered
152 Posts
6-45 LDA

I carry my 6-45 LDA every day and have done so for a little over a year. I do agree that it is a little heavy but that really helps with recoil control. Mine had a small problem with the ejector being loose after firing 4or5oo rounds. Para fixed it very fast with no problem since then. I have run around 1000 rounds through it to keep it running and to keep me on tract with the small frame.I would not hesitate to give a thumbs up on this gun !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts