1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has been to Clint's new location for Thunder Ranch in Oregon yet and what they thought of the whole experience.

· Premium Member
1,507 Posts
I would like to hear about anyone's experience also. I am contemplating a trip there next year.

· Registered
230 Posts
I attended class #1 at Oregon, the Urban Rifle Course. The previous year I had attended the 5 day DH1 at the TX location so I've been able to experience both.

Both were fantastic experiences, Oregon was better! Here's why.

Classes are smaller so EVERY class is taught by Clint and an assistant instructor, lots of personal attention from the man who made the school what it is.

All of the range facilities are in the same spot so there's no moving from range to range.

You get to eat dinner in the Smith household which is a treat. You also get to eat out with the class and Clint and Heidi, another treat. There's lot's of time for some personal interaction with Clint and Heidi which you did not have an opportunity for in TX.

Less of a drive to and from class and a really nice natural hot spring heated pool at the local hotel.

The only down side for me is that I could drive to the TX location from LA, now I have to fly which drives up the cost and the time. Apparantly it's not enough to keep me from going however as I'm headed back in the spring.

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you stickshooter

Great information stickshooter. I had some friends that had instructed at TR here in Texas and from what I could see of the Oregon facilities they are absolutely incredible looking. I imagine the weather and the view is better. All though I bet they get more rain.

Any other folks that have gone let us know about their experience. I am hoping to get the chance to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.