1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My premier II is in need of refinishing... and after looking at some of the available finishes I am most interested in Walter Birdsongs Black-T... anyone have any pics or wish to comment on the finish?

Thanks!
Dave

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I've posted lots of pics of this TRS before but here's a very recent one. I had it done in Black T in March of '05. I have absolutely no regrets, feel it's an outstanding value and great finish. This gets carried almost daily, has been through many classes, thousands of draws & over 10k rounds. I also had the Baer sights replaced with genuine Novaks.

This gun was originally finished in Bear Coat (the early version) & I wasn't happy with how it was wearing. I heartily recommend it, talk with Mr. Birdsong (allow for about 1/2 hour) & you will be very happy.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Thanks crc, I'd have to guess at least 5k rounds since the refinish. Here's a pic (roughly a year old) of mine and my son's TRC in the new Bear Coat (I believe that finish was re-formulated about 2 years ago). My son's weapon had only 200 rounds through it when I took this pic. The new Bear Coat is much improved over the earlier version. I remain a big fan of Black T however.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Here is one of my TRS's, in Black T and hard chrome...

Here is my Springfield Custom Shop "Custom Carry" in the same finish.

I think it's a great finish... not too slick, matte, looks great, and it's durable.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I had Mr. Birdsong Black T my TRS. It looks great, but I'm getting shiny spots where it has rubbed off the front corners of the slide and on the safety lever (nothing extreme, just a little).

Still, I wasn't expecting this; I thought Black T would be more durable...

By the way, you have some BEAUTIFUL 1911s, Doc and Nate!! Congratulations! I need to get me a few more...:biglaugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts