1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the service on their Black Bullets? How has the performance of the product been???

TIA -----

·
Registered
302 Posts
I bought 2000 200gr. LSWC from them about 6 months ago. turnaround was quick enough for me (a week or so, I think) and the bullets are nice.

Unlike Precision they are not cast from a traditional H&G #68 mold - there is no lube groove. the sides are straight all the way down. Weight was moderately uniform - no prize winners, but decent for a cast bullet.

Of course the big bonus with Bear Creek or Precision is the moly bonded coating. They're slippery and clean up nicely - a couple swipes down the bore with FP-10 does it for me. Plus you have the added advantage of not having to clean congealed bullet lube from your gun. They shoot just about as clean as FMJ bullets.

My personal recipe is the Beak Creek 200LSWC over 5.3 grains W231 with WLP primers, loaded to 1.250. Velocity out of my Springfield 5" is 828FPS - just over major power factor - and consistent.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bunch of us Cowboy Shooters (SASS) use their bullets.

Love them, the molly bullets keep your gun clean!!!

·
Registered
826 Posts
they seem to have good deals. They cover shipping on orders of 70.00 or more. Not bad- order 1500 bullets and no shipping.

bear creek

Hopefully they aren't 6-8 weeks behing like Precision Bullets.

Where is Bear Creek Bullets located? CA?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts