1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Milt Sparks Versa-Max II for my 2 3/4 Security Six. I know it is going to take some fat pants and a extra belt notch or two. Just wondering if anyone else does it?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I just ordered a Milt Sparks Versa-Max II for my 2 3/4 Security Six. I know it is going to take some fat pants and a extra belt notch or two. Just wondering if anyone else does it?
Sure. I routinely carry a three inch/round butt Smith & Wesson Model 13 in a Milt Sparks VM II. No problem at all. conceals just as well and as comfortably as a 1911. In fact, with a 1911 (unless it has a Bobtail treatment), when you bend a little forward, it tends to print quite a bit, while the round butt on my Model 13 tends not to print. Both are equally comfortable. I go back and forth between them with no problem.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure. I routinely carry a three inch/round butt Smith & Wesson Model 13 in a Milt Sparks VM II. No problem at all. conceals just as well and as comfortably as a 1911. In fact, with a 1911 (unless it has a Bobtail treatment), when you bend a little forward, it tends to print quite a bit, while the round butt on my Model 13 tends not to print. Both are equally comfortable. I go back and forth between them with no problem.
Thanks. I carry a 1911 in a Milt Sparks HR-LTD. I wonder why most people act like it is crazy to carry a revolver IWB? I measured 1 1/2 across the cylinder + holster does not seem to thick to me.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Yes, I have been known to carry a S&W Model 657 with 6 1/2'' barrel in a IWB, for hunting not CCW. To much penetration for Concealed Carry. Some one was making an IWB that the attachment straps were located in front of the cylinder, so the cylinder rode above the belt. Now that is a modification that was needed for revolver IWB carry. Can't remember who made it though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I carry a 4" 357 mag revolver as my CC weapon. I prefer a good OWB pancake holster. The IWB are just not comfortable in the truck or the car when I am going somewhere. Other than the discomfort you have to get bigger jeans and usually a bigger belt, more expense and hassle than I am willing to handle for something that will not actually conceal any better than a good Pancake holster.

I have a nice Galco pancake high ride holster that is very comfortable and sometimes I can even forget Im carrying. I finally found an old, original Roy Baker pancake holster and used it for a pattern. A local saddle shop is making a new one from it. I am really looking forward to it.

I know it is personal preference but for me the IWB's are not good for revolvers or pistols. :(

·
Registered
180 Posts
I often carry a 2 3/4" speed six or a 3" Taurus 431 in a Don Hume IWB.
as you said just open the belt a notch and your GTG

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Both a 610 4" barrel in a Versa Max and a 6" 629 in a Simply Rugged with the inside out straps.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
I routinely carry a Mdl 19 2.5" in a VMII or a FiveShot SAP holster.
IWB in the summer and OWB in the winter.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
I have carried a 4" S&W M-19 in a Bianchi Pistol Pocket #3 before and it didn't seem to be any harder than a 1911, but I was thinner then.:)

·
Super Moderator
13,577 Posts
What do you consider a "full size" revolver? I'm guessing it's something other than a S&W J frame size revolver?

I carry on a regular basis a 2" K frame in a Custom Carry Concepts Looper (appendix position).

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
For Ss&Gs, I sometimes carry a 6" python in a simply rugged sourdough with the inside-out loops, quite the hog-leg but manageable. Keep in mind with a barrel that long, it will have to ride a little farther forward (almost appendix carry) unless you like sitting on the barrel.

·
Registered
287 Posts
My pants never seem to be loose enough to carry anything IWB. :scratch:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Since I woke up this morning, I've been carrying my 4" S&W 329 in it's Sparks VM2.

Did the same yesterday, and day before..........

·
Super Moderator
13,577 Posts
Thanks. Have an all business, no nonsense, look to them.
It doesn't snag clothing or irritate my belly :). It's handfilling enough to give good weapon control but not too large that it compromise the concealability.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts