1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the carry world and I'm looking to carry IWB. I just got my Garrett Silent Thunder and the quality is off the charts. My only concern is the size/weight of the gun might be a little excessive for IWB. any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I carry the SCP HD IWB on a regular basis. I use a custom leather gun belt or Wilderness Tactical reinforced Instructor Belt, and a holster from TT Gun Leather. The weight of the gun is not an issue for me with this setup.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got the full size SC Custom HD that i carry all day IWB....the pro should not be a problem :)

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
SC = Super Carry. It's designed for carry. Whether it's too heavy for what you want for carry is a personal thing. How to carry is even more personal, but don't go fad or cheap, get good gear made for carry. Full size 1911's are carried all the time. No reason a commander size 1911 in all steel with a butt designed for carry won't carry just as good or better.

Gear.......there's a sub forum for that where you'll get complete info. and search will find more than you'll ever want to know. ;)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Nah, if you have a good belt and holster it will carry just fine as long as you don't mind the weight (some are more sensitive to it than others for various reasons).

I carry a Pro Carry II in a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 daily and its only 7 oz lighter empty, works great for me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im carrying it in a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder. I think my problem lies in the belt, as im using my standard 1.25" dress belts.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Im carrying it in a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder. I think my problem lies in the belt, as im using my standard 1.25" dress belts.
I don't have experience with the holster, but the regular dress belts just do not get the job done.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have two Old Faithful IWBs. The Kydex is 50% thicker than the Crossbreed. I don't know how it compares to Garrett Silent Thunder. With Old Faithful you can buy them completely assembled or save money and buy them as a kit. Your choice. Here's the link: http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/

·
Registered
334 Posts
I carry my SIS Pro all the time, which I guess would be about the same gun weight-wise. I kinda like the weight, let's me know it's there! I use a Galco V-Hawk IWB holster. It's curved over time to fit the contour of my waist.

·
Registered
57 Posts
There's a scp hd holstered to my side as I am typing this.

The pistol is a little on the heavier side, it's ss! And mines 7+1. But kimber did a great job making this a comfortable carry. Carry melt, rounded heel. I am 5, 6 140 lbs and forget it's there. I am still awaiting my Milt sparks nexus :bawling:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts