1911Forum banner

Anyone Else Giving Guns (new or used) For Christmas?

2473 Views 42 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  ROKLOK
Since life has been good to us this year I sat down earlier this week and decided to pass on a few of my guns to family and friends who are showing an interest in shooting or desire for something for HD.

A good friend at work (and shooting buddy) who fell on some hard times got my Beretta 92FS, his dream gun and the one he had been saving up for. He also lives where he might have to use it someday. I got nicknamed "Beretta Santa" for that one.

Son in law will get a CZ 83 .380.
Son in law will get a Bersa Thunder .380.
A good friend with two young sons will get my Ruger Single Six .22/.22 mag.
Another friend will get one of my Buckmark .22's.

These are all used guns but have been well cared for and kept in excellant condition.

I just wondered if anyone else was passing on and giving guns for Christmas?

Be Safe, Shoot Well.:rock:
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Administrator
80,951 Posts
I bought myself a Beretta. Does that count? :rock:

· Premium Member
4,981 Posts

· Registered
367 Posts
I got my fiance a Walther P22 to try to get her into shooting, and she got me a Winchester model 12 (but she doesn't know it yet...;)

I can't wait to see the looks on her family's faces(mostly old school hippies) When she opens up a pistol, and I pull out a shottie..

Now I just have to wait for the "winchester lever action santa" to slide down the chimney:D

· Registered
249 Posts
I gave my best friend (a woman, just after she was discharged from the Air Force) my East German Makarov for the Holidays several years ago. I'm still kicking myself for giving up an EG - the second time I did so, stupidly. However, the gift was a big deal for her; she thought it was too expensive, but I insisted she keep it, as she was talking about buying a SD pistol as soon as she got back home (it's such a PITA to own privately owned firearms in the military these days). AFAIK, she still has it.

I was going to give my dad this year a Mosin Nagant 91/30 I refinished & restored, but as he's not really a shooter (but has expressed a little interest), he declined it. It was my intention to give it to him so he'd have an excuse to go to the range with me and try it out, at least.

I'll get him what he really wants eventually. He was a kid in the 50's, and grew up liking the westerns on TV. So, he's expressed really wanting a Winchester lever gun and a SAA or something like. I always thought that getting either/both in .22LR or .22 Mag would be nice, as he's not fired a weapon since his military service (USAF, Vietnam vet, but he was an aircraft repair tech, and not in a combat role. He said the AF used the M1 carbine to train new recruits at the time, about 1963/64/65. This was JUST before the M-16 showed up, or there wasn't enough to go around yet.). But, I keep thinking that it would be cool to get them in a worthwhile caliber like .38/.357 or .45 LC. Sure, the .22's are CHEAP, and would be easier and fun to shoot for a noob, but .38's and the .45 LC can be loaded pretty lightly (.38 wadcutters are gentle). He might think about getting into Cowboy Action Shooting, too - I could only hope! Can't really compete with .22's there, and buying proper firearms would be a large additional expense.

Anyway...

I did put an AR, a Colt Officer's ACP, and a Kel-Tec P-11 on my holiday list! I highly doubt I'll get any of 'em, but I do get pleasantly surprised sometimes!

· Administrator
80,951 Posts

· Premium Member
9,635 Posts
I have in the past given guns as gifts

Not this year. I may be getting a little something special in celebration of the winter solstice (you guys do realize that's what we're celebrating, right?) from my wife this year. It would be one of those "two birds with one stone" sort of things, our wedding anniversary is in January. I won't be complaining one bit. Got a Springfield Mil-Spec last year, a Remmington 700 BDL a few years ago, and a Sig 229 in 1999. Yeah, my wife rocks. :rock:

Robert

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.