1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought a gun from a store I said I'd never buy again...Told they had an influx of orders and pushed my ship date, still waiting.

Just curious if I'm the only one.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Should be getting mine today. Ordered on 29 November and the ffl was faxed same day. A week later they tell me the fax was a blank sheet of paper and needed to refax. I understand they're busy but that kind of pissed me off. Of course today is Friday the 13th so who knows what'll happen. :eek:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should be getting mine today. Ordered on 29 November and the ffl was faxed same day. A week later they tell me the fax was a blank sheet of paper and needed to refax. I understand they're busy but that kind of pissed me off. Of course today is Friday the 13th so who knows what'll happen. :eek:
I ordered on the 3rd with a valid ffl l, 5 days later when I call for tracking I was told all orders are pushd out by two weeks. Showed as shipped, when I emailed all I got was apologies and it was a mistake. Still waiting for tracking. Thought my case was bad but they should have told you that they didn't get the ffl. Shouldnt have taken that long. CS has really gone doqn over the years.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Picked it up minutes ago.
Congrats, however I agree no pics so it didn't happen.lol.

I know the forum states not to post grievances on the forums, but as a community I'd want o know who to use and who not to go with. Not sure why its such a big deal. If a bunch of people from here have the same bad experience with the same company wouldn't you want to know? I sure would. I don't know just my two cents.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Still waiting since the 6th on mine. I could have driven to texas and picked it up in person by now. :p Looking like this may be the first and last purchase I make with a certain company I didn't ever plan to buy from anyway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gun made it to "their" post office on the 18th according to the tracking info. It is still there (KY). Do they test fire all guns at the post office, drink lots of moonshine, or do they have a bunch of putertards that can't update the tracking info. Three days at the sorting center seems like a joke to me.

Wonder why they don't use UPS?

·
Registered
530 Posts
My Rock Island Compact shipped from CTD 2 weeks exactly from date of order and I used a FFL who was already on file with them. I got a bit of runaround about tracking and such also, but in the end it was sent by UPS 2-day.
Could the service have been better? Yes
Could the price have been better? Not likely.
Hard to get both a a rock bottom price($329 shipped) and top notch service.
Love the gun.....me heap big happy happy.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My Rock Island Compact shipped from CTD 2 weeks exactly from date of order and I used a FFL who was already on file with them. I got a bit of runaround about tracking and such also, but in the end it was sent by UPS 2-day.
Could the service have been better? Yes
Could the price have been better? Not likely.
Hard to get both a a rock bottom price($329 shipped) and top notch service.
Love the gun.....me heap big happy happy.

Heard rave reviews from all the people who ordered at buds. They got their guns at the same price and in a shorter amount of time. I just recently got my when I was quoted 3-5 days when I ordered. Day 5 when I called I was told it would be another 10-12 days. Simply put I'd never use CTD again.

·
Registered
530 Posts
They got their guns at the same price

Bud's did indeed have a killer deal on the full size Rock but, when I was shopping at least, the Compact was considerably higher, although I don't recall the exact price. I do remember that CTD was $80 below the next best price I could find, which may or may not have been Bud's, and believe me Brother I checked a lot of places including about a dozen gun stores hereabouts.
There been some super-duper sale prices on Rocks lately, from several sellers, thats for sure!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Was it in the 9mm or the 45 ?

I went with the 9mm fs exactly for that reason. Cheapest I could find

Glad to have it now.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[/quote]
iirc the deal at buds, and most places was the full size .45, either the tactical or the gi. Don't think i saw a 9mm on sale anyplace.
Finally figued out how to attach the photos.

First one is my new rock after cleaning
Second is first range trip. Head shots at 15 yards, body shots were double taps at 10. Gotta say its prolly the most accurate gun I've handled for the price.

The 9mm were inly the fs tac at CTD and it was about 50 more then your cs. Couldnt justify getting it in a 45. Too expensive to shootbas my range won't let me reload.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Got my 1911 Compact at Patriot Outfitters for $329. It was supposed to there for sale on Black Friday but the delivery didn't come in. I placed a hold for one and was guaranteed the Black Friday price. Picked it up on the following Wednesday.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine finally came in on Thursday. Had the same issues with finding out info about order status as Uncle Alvah did.

Like I noted in another thread, I love the new logo design and location. Mine was $349 w/ free shipping, but that still isn't bad since it's $475-499 on up everywhere locally.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts