1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a "loose" grip safety? By loose, I mean it rattles. We were doing practice approaches and my TRP was holstered up. I kept hearing this "rattling". Popped out the mag and tried again..still did it. Figured out it was the grip safety. I was just curious if everyones was like this. Thanks!

------------------
The only thing neccessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

·
Registered
474 Posts
PM7,
That grip safety of yours is not right. It should have enough tension from the sear spring so that it does NOT rattle. I suggest you have it checked out.

------------------

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oldcolt, I took it to my chief today(he is a 1911 armorer) and he said that there is no problem. It is just a tiny bit of side to side travel that wont affect the gun. he has a couple of 1911 that are the same way. We changed the ILS out for a standard MSH and it seems to rattle less now. Thanks for the assist.

------------------
The only thing neccessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

·
Registered
474 Posts
PM7,
I misinterpreted what you were describing as loose. I thought you were describing play from front to back (which would mean a weak or out of adjustment leaf on your sear spring) instead of some side to side play (which isn't the ideal fitting of a grip safety although it shouldn't cause you any problems). As long as the grip safety springs back to the safe position you should be fine.

------------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts