1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I install a lot of sights.
As I use a manual mill and hi-speed cobalt cutters, I can really 'feel' the difference in hardness of slides.
I truly love the looks of those old Argentine Sistemas, and I'm sure they make fine shooters........for light duty use.
My concern lies with putting money into one, and having the slides locking lugs wear prematurely.
Maybe MetalSmith can find one to test.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
If someone has one I'll be glad to test it.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Ditto
would love to dig a diamond into one.

Looks like you guys post race is pretty close.

geo ><>

If like the 2 tone Gi Slides the front is hard but the lug and bolt face are not.
look forward to hearing.
maybe a raffel
front is 44 rc
rear is 27??

·
Registered
563 Posts
I used one for a duty gun on my last cop job. Pistolwrench may remember "Evita". She was checkered and rails down and cleaned up and prepped for nite lites, then sent to Metaloy for hard chrome. It was a great looking gun but very soft.The rails didn't hold very good but was still able to qualify with a score of 100% every three months.The gand members hated those two beady little eyes glowing in the dark, but the guys on the APD loved it. Compared to a Caspian, it was a piece of cake to checker. It had numbers all over it and said 11.26mm on the slide. The lawyers would have had a ball with that one. I carried APD ammo in it.It's gone now but I don't miss it. I would not pay anyone to work on one. Put it on the night stand and forget it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts