1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw one in a local shop. Owner remarked that it was a "LAW 12", an older semi-auto model no longer made/imported. Outward apperance was similar to that of the Benelli M1 (stock with pistol grip, extended mag tube, etc.) Handled nicely, but I notice the lack of a recoil pad - just a hard plastic piece similar to that on an AR-15. Is anyone familair with this piece? The dealer is asking $499, sound fair? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mike,

I have never fired one, but the LAW 12 strikes me as an outstanding weapon. Unfortunately, I believe there was a recall or some fundamental flaw in how they functioned that tarnished their success. If it could disclaim the recall issue, I would get one in a second.

·
Registered
370 Posts
they are made by franchi, an old italian shotgun company, the LAW12 (auto) is cousin to the SPAS12 (pump/auto gun, seen in lots of movies) and SAS12 (pump)

i think with all the AW legislation trying to ban the SPAS12 and low sales, the law and sas were pulled from the US market.
im sure if they are anything like the SPAS12 then its a hefty tough as nails reliable shotgun.
the spas can sell for up to $1000, so $500 for the law12 seems like a good price to me, but remember that finding parts for these guns will probably be near Impossible.

------------------
Caspian frame + Colt parts = Col-spian? or Cas-olt?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts