1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,967 Posts
Target Match

Yonkers , New York , May 5, 2005 – For just the second time in company history, Kimber® has announced the production of a true limited edition pistol. One thousand Target Match™ .45 ACP pistols will be produced. A special serial number sequence of KTM0001 – KTM1000 will set them apart.
-from Kimber website

Site:

Sounds like a Gold Match limited edition. Some different treatments like larger serrations on standard and forward cocking areas, better wood grips (with identifier logo), 30LPI instead of 19LPI checkering. Likely at least equals Gold Match performance in a collectible form. (Suggested retail in the 1300.00 range).

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I saw one in a gun store yesterday, but I didn't take it out to check its features.

I am curious as to whether it has top of slide serrations.

I thought that it was a nice looking Kimber, but I already have the LTP and the Super Match II, so I wasn't inclined to spend a lot of money on another nice Kimber.

I though that the large slide serrations looked pretty good.

Is that a bullseye on the rear of the right side of the slide? Is it also on the left side of the slide?

I am crazy about both of the above weapons that I have, and I think that Kimber will have a hard time eclipsing (no pun intended) the LTP II.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
From reading the description it looks like a target version of the Gold Combat pistol with different cocking serrations. I will need to see one in person, but my first impression is the price is a bit high for what you are getting. For me the cocking serrations do not look that good, plus a black oxide finish is not something special on a limited edition pistol. I would prefer a high gloss blued finish, but after looking at Kimber's poor blueing job on the Anniversary Gold Match it seems they have lost this capability.

·
Registered
593 Posts
A friend of mine just got one. It shoots really well. This pistol has no firing pin safety and the extractor is internal. The gun is tight and looks like it is made to last a very long time. The aesthetics are a little different and they will attract attention from other shooters.

With Kimber continuing to release special editions with older, proven designs do you think they may be rethinking their design strategy?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.