1911Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,984 Posts
Placed a post here a week or so ago and go no response, so I figured no one had seen one yet. Flat ass beautiful gun. If you're familiar with the XSE you know the features so I won't repeat them. I think this is the first XSE lightweight to come in this series and they have indeed done an excellent job. Frame sets off the slide perfectly. Came from RSR, who at the time had about 80 of them. Been pleading with my dealer to get another. Haven't shot it yet because I've been playing with my new stl 1991A1 w/bomars.

· Registered
1,564 Posts
It's identical to the XSE Commander, but with a 3 hole alum trigger instead of the 2 oval.

The grips are a different shade, but that might have been our particular guns.

I personally like the 2 oval better, in both appearance and feel. (the 3 hole has pretty sharp edges)

· Registered
294 Posts
I have the stainless steel commander, and I saw the LW Commander today. The pistols look the same except for the following. The stainless is all grey with the flat sides polished to give it a stainless look. The LW is also all grey, but only the flats on the slide is polished. The frame on the LW retains the all grey look. The pistol looks very nice and you would not notice this difference unless you held the gun or looked closely. I almost bought it but decided the weight difference between the steel and the aluminum wasn't that great to me.

------------------
Hero45
NRA Member

· Registered
1,984 Posts
Yes, I do have a digital camera. Unfortunately, I'm not smart enough to figure out how to get the picture from the camera to the interent. Too old I guess. Grip on the Commander are much better than the ones that came on my XS Combat Commander, but not as nice as the ones on my XS Gov't, so I guess it's the luck of the draw. Hero45 is right. There is a visible difference between the frame finish on the steel vs lightweight. There is no doubt that it is a lightweight when you look at it as compared to the all steel. Take another one in a second if my dealer would get it. Commander is up for a range session next time out.

· Registered
1,984 Posts
Good choice. You'd be hard presssed to find a better overall carry gun than a lightweight Commander, plus these new ones are impressive. Let us know what you think.

[This message has been edited by col132 (edited 10-19-2001).]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.