1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how the easily DW black wears..

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about holster wear ? Thats kinda what I meant ;)

I expect the high traffic area's on rails, ramp and stop to wear, there's just to much going on there for a basic coating like this to not wear.

·
Registered
124 Posts
have not shot enough out of my Valor to really say.I am also interested to see how well it will hold up. Will post a report at around 1500 rounds:)

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive got some new leather on the way, so the CCO will be seeing some more carry time.

I just wonder what the "character" will look like on these guns.

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
Ive got some new leather on the way, so the CCO will be seeing some more carry time.

I just wonder what the "character" will look like on these guns.
Sarge should be able to shed some light on the CCO's finish and holster wear. He draws it out in his office every half hour or so....just to take a look.:eek: (make sure it's still there:biglaugh:)

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:biglaugh: Glad I dont work too close to that office.. hope his bugger hook stays off the bang switch!:eek::biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
My Valor has several thousand rounds thru it and the Cerakote has wore very well. For CCW I use leather only and for range use, IDPA etc. it has seen leather and kydex, the finish is worn thru at the muzzle on the edges but that's it and looks very good everywhere else.

·
Banned
486 Posts
The finish looks nice I think it will be fine for a while. I may by another one just to trade out to keep them pretty longer....
Seriously, it does look tough, I would be shocked it if didn't hold up, then I would mail it to Dan

god forbid I have a pretty carry gun!

·
Hold my beer & watch this
5,570 Posts
It is a coating, and as such it will wear on any contact points. I call it character.

What you want is a finish that protects the metal. This is not really an issue with stainless guns, because if the finish wears off you've still got stainless underneath.

Now if you just want to a purty gun, get chrome or Hard Hat. Both will be hold up well even on a daily carry gun and in my experience is much more durable than any other coating type finish.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im not too concerned with keeping a purdy gun, I was trying to see if anyone had this character on their gun that I do expect to appear after carrying my CCO.:rock:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
The finish on my CCO is not perfect and a little wear mark is appearing on the plunger tube just below where the thumb safety comes to rest when it is in the off safe position.

It shoots darn near perfect and carries better than great so I am not really worried--yet!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts