1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any bad expereinces with transfering things (FFL to FFL) to the Los Angeles Police Revolver and Athletic Club gun store? I spoke with one of their staff members who couldn't have been more rude. I sure hope they don't staff that shop with fellow officers because I was embarrased for him. :grumble:

I thought about regurgitating the whole conversation but I thought it would serve little purpose since it would be out of anger. I just wanted to see if this was a isolated experience.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nope... all my experiences with them have been positive. Last time I was there, the guy behind the counter was helping four people at the same time and was still able to show me a gun.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They must keep the guy who knows customer service behind the counter and the one who is disgruntled in the office to answer the phone! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've always had a positive experience when in the store. In fact, the skinny guy who seems to be there all the time is almost too friendly.

Their prices are better than any other store in the area and they have a great holster selection for LAPD/LASD weapons.

(I wish they carried more for the HK USP though.)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Laprac

Ditto on the good service, usually the skinny guy is very good. The guy knows his stuff and is very helpfull, you probably got the "heavy set" guy that always hangs out in the back...he's not the sharpest tool in the shed...

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the guy's name is Charles, probably. I've bought pistols and rifles from different shops around the nation and have never been treated so rudely by someone. Thing that burns me is that all they needed to do was send a copy of their FFL to my FFL holder in order to transfer the LEO mags (I'm not sure but apparently this needed to be FFL to FFL in California). We finally received the FFL about a 6 weeks later. That aside, the guy was a real heel to speak with. You could tell from the time he picked up the phone that he intended to be curt. :barf: Thank GOD I live in Texas!!! :rock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts