1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to own a Professional .45 with target night sights on it, but for some dumb reason I ended up trading it towards something else. But, I do remember how fast that model was to aquire the sights due to the shorter radius.

I currently have a Protector in 9mm that I really like and am curious to hear from anyone that has owned or shot a Professional in 9mm. What I'm interested in is the effect of the bull barrel on the shorter Professional model and how close it controls recoil versus the longer Protector which has a standard bushing setup.

I was thinking the Professional 9mm with the new Metalform 10-round 9mm mags might make a really good IDPA ESP setup.

·
Super Moderator
1,874 Posts
I am a retail operation and had a 9mm Professional pass through. I will send you some pictures if you pm me an email address. The gun sold about a 2 years ago. The seller had a blast with it, the new buyer also had a blast with it. The seller was just financing a new purchase and the buyer was looking for a game gun and also planned to send it back and get a 38 super conversion for it. Both were pleased and the only issue seemed to be NOT gun but capacity. Both mentioned they would have liked a magazine that held 10 not 9. Again not a function issue.

I shot it and the Fiocchi, RWS and the european 9mm did extremely well. The US 9mm i.e. white box Winchester, Federal Eagle did well but just did not have the slide speed, and tightness of group or it seemed to me. Or maybe I just like the hotter 9mm as I do prefer to shoot it just seems to function a bit better.

If I were you I would post an ammo question on that in the ammo portion of the forums.

That may have been due to the European ammo's are a bit hotter than the US.

Torque seemed a bit more than the 5 inch 9mm with standard match barrel and bushing. (I got one by Richard Heinie about 5 years ago).

I hope that helps a little.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts