1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am considering one of these. Does anyone have one of these Para reincarnations?

Are the magazines fully interchangeable with P14 mags?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I have not seen any.

I was told by someone that would know that the magazines will not be interchangeable. There are design changes to the magazine and the gun, including the height at which the magazines lock.

As you can see, the new magazines hold 15 where the Para-USA Expert mags held 14.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I spoke with Travis at the SHOT Show in January and he mentioned that Remington would be coming out with some double stack models. He also mentioned that Remington had redesigned the magazines, and he wasn't sure whether or not they would interchange.

G-d only knows why Remington thought it was necessary to redesign anything about the Para double stack pistols. I guess they never learned "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

·
Registered
10 Posts
I received my new Remington R1 Tactical today mine is 45 ACP. Unfortunately it will be a few days before I can get to range and run ammo througt it. I did try the mags and these will fit, lock up and cycle in my Para Recon. Para mags would lockup and cycle in the new remington. Maginzines do have a different slope to the top 25%, shorter taper on the remington. Remington has a larger plastic follower than my para mags. No plastic trigger in the R1, has a nice look and feel to it, nice balance. Hoping it shoots as well as it looks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had my local dealer find mine. They had the on gun.deals.com also. I bought the one with out threads barrel. Remeington R1 Tactical #96486-- gunbroker had them also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not finding it on the Remington web site. Anyone have any idea how it's listed? I want one for my duty gun.
Tombstone had them on sale last weekend, 45 acp 899 before rebate.. They also have the 19 round 9mm version for $1100ish.. Picked up the 45 from my FFL on friday.. hope to bring it to the range tomorrow.. first impression is very good.. compares very favorably to my Para 8 rd Black-ops.. the black ops runs like a clock and the fit and finish of the R1 Limited appears to be even better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
1911R1 Double Stack Limited 45acp part number 96715, 9mm part number 96713.. search gun.deals several dealers have them. I ordered my 45 cap last weekend from Tombstone for 899 before rebate.. picked it up this past Friday.. haven't shot it yet but over all I'm impressed.. fit and finish appears to be better than that on my Single Stack Para Black Ops.. That gun runs like a clock.. guys at the FFL commented that the finish was impressive as well.. got it home and examined it closer and it racks smoother than any other 1911 in the house.. hope to get it to the range tomorrow if weather holds.. now just need to track down a source for magazines.. not listed on Remington web site, I'll give them a ring soon but first want to run a few boxes of ammo through and see how it works out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have not seen any.

I was told by someone that would know that the magazines will not be interchangeable. There are design changes to the magazine and the gun, including the height at which the magazines lock.

As you can see, the new magazines hold 15 where the Para-USA Expert mags held 14.

Gone,
Your information is faulty, Here is the info on the
R1 double stack. 9MM.
Blackie

https://www.remington.com/handguns/model-1911-r1/1911-r1-limited-double-stack

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Gone,
Your information is faulty, Here is the info on the
R1 double stack. 9MM.
Blackie

Super38,

If you are referring to magazine capacity, you linked to the 9mm when the thread was talking about the .45ACP!!!

The .45 described is for the limited on the same page (down in the specs) to which you linked is with an extended mag at 16+1 rounds of .45ACP.
The Tactical model is 15+1.
https://www.remington.com/handguns/model-1911-r1-enhanced/1911-r1-enhanced-double-stack

If you are referring to the magazine design changes, that post was back in May.
New details come out as time progresses.

The magazines are indeed said to be interchangeable. However, the locking height has changed with the Remington to improve feeding reliability.

P.S.
Straight from Travis Tomasie:

Q. How many rounds do they hold?
A. 19+1 rounds in 9mm. 15+1 for Tactical 45 and 16+1 for Limited 45. 18+1 rounds in 40 cal.
Check out his facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/TravisTomasie.US/

·
Registered
58 Posts
Super38,

If you are referring to magazine capacity, you linked to the 9mm when the thread was talking about the .45ACP!!!

The .45 described is for the limited on the same page (down in the specs) to which you linked is with an extended mag at 16+1 rounds of .45ACP.
The Tactical model is 15+1.
https://www.remington.com/handguns/model-1911-r1-enhanced/1911-r1-enhanced-double-stack

If you are referring to the magazine design changes, that post was back in May.
New details come out as time progresses.

The magazines are indeed said to be interchangeable. However, the locking height has changed with the Remington to improve feeding reliability.

P.S.
Straight from Travis Tomasie:

Check out his facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/TravisTomasie.US/
Gone,
No sir,
I was referring to the 9MM double stack R1.
Blackie

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have one of the new 9mm Remington magazines that runs flawless in my Black Ops Recon 9. I have never had an issue with any magazine I have run in that gun. I got the 18 round version. I didn't want to pay the extra for the competition 19 round magazine.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I don't have the Remington yet, but have a few Para bits around.
I was definitely under the impression that the new R1 will be most compatible with Para, particularly where the magazines are concerned.

In the last few weeks/months a new set of P/14 magazines has appeared on the scene available from Brownells, Sarco among others, made in Italy, that I believe may be the same design as those that come with the Remingtons as seen on the website above.

The only problems with compatibility I can imagine popping up is the already existing problems with the magwell/non-magwell vs. extended baseplates. But this is not an incompatibility between the magazines and the frames, it's the baseplate vs magwell, and this problem would not be new to the Remington. It's silly that this incompatibility ever existed and it's easily fixed.

To save link chasing, I an pasting this from travis' facebook page. I assume this is ok to do?

Travis Tomasie said:
Q. When is Remington going to release their double stack 1911s?

A. All double stack models have been shipping for a few weeks now. Please contact your local dealer and they’ll be able to order through the major distributor/channels.

Q. Will the new Remington double stack mags work in my Para USA hi-cap?
A. Yes, and they are available on the Remington accessories website.

Q. How many rounds do they hold?
A. 19+1 rounds in 9mm. 15+1 for Tactical 45 and 16+1 for Limited 45. 18+1 rounds in 40 cal.

Q. What is the warranty like and where are they built?
A. All Remington handguns feature a Limited Lifetime warranty and are crafted in Huntsville, AL.

Q. What are the prices and SKU numbers?
A. Here are the order numbers and the MSRP for each of the double stack models:

R1 Enhanced 45 Auto 96491 - $999
R1 Limited 9mm 96713 - $1399
R1 Limited 45 Auto 96715 - $1399
R1 Limited 40S&W 96714 - $1399
R1 Tomasie 40S&W 96725 - $1650
R1 Tactical Threaded 45 Auto - 96488 $1275
R1 Tactical 45 Auto 96486 - $1299

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
P.S. Every time I go to Remingtons site, which double stack mags are actually available (or at least able to be found via search) seems to differ ranging from none at all to a crap shoot of which one.

Today I can only find the 18 round and 10 round "restricted" 9mm. The other day it was only the .45 14/15 round (I can't remember) and often none seem to appear. I can't quite figure out where they are hiding them. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm still having a terrible time finding a Remington R1 1911 Enhanced Double Stack .45 ACP of any kind anywhere in my metropolitan area. I'm only 100 miles from where they're being manufactured, yet no dealer among 20 or so is carrying them. I would have thought there would have been a tremendous demand for a 16+1 1911 in .45 ACP, with a non-polymer frame. I know earlier this year there was an initial delay in shipping which Remington has been close-mouthed about. I wonder if there's still some bottleneck on the manufacturing/shipping end. Something is just not right.

·
Premium Member
8,746 Posts
I have saw them listed on gunbroker a couple weeks ago..starting around $1025

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I've got one [.45] on order and should get a range review up in the next week or so depending on when I can get a range day in.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts