1911Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've got one [.45] on order and should get a range review up in the next week or so depending on when I can get a range day in.
Nice. Look forward to your review!

The only Remington I have seen in the flesh has been the Hunter long slide. I mentioned in another post that the fit & finish was much nicer than my 2 paras. The Ion Bond finish was perfect, whereas my 2 paras have a roughness, as if they didn't finish sand the frame before ion bonding...

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Nice. Look forward to your review!

The only Remington I have seen in the flesh has been the Hunter long slide. I mentioned in another post that the fit & finish was much nicer than my 2 paras. The Ion Bond finish was perfect, whereas my 2 paras have a roughness, as if they didn't finish sand the frame before ion bonding...
Only issue is if I manage to get to the range this weekend the R1 will be shot alongside a brand new 9mm Wilson CQB (not mine, sadly... but I do get to break it in) so the results may be... skewed.

·
Premium Member
8,371 Posts
I (have - no!) saw them listed on gunbroker a couple weeks ago..starting around $1025“

Grammar!!!!

“I really want to see some real world reviews before I buy one. I found this.”

Good money predicts better than Para...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Still not found

I have yet to find one in RL in a gunstore. And I'm not going to buy one without at least holding and getting the feel of an example. What the hell is wrong with Remington that we can't find any of these guns?!

·
Registered
326 Posts
It isn't exactly the gun you are asking about, but I have a Para Pro Custom P14 & a Rem R1 Limited DS in 45. Due to the mag well these require the mags with aluminum base pads, but the mags are fully interchangeable. The newer Rem mags hold one additional round but they work in the Para and the Para mags work in the Rem. I expect this will be true for all Rem double stack models.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I finally got my Remington R1 Limited Double Stack 45. The first issue I've got is it came with 3 mags, one is a Remington mag and takes 15 rounds as advertised, the other 2 are knock offs with different base caps that will only allow them to hold 14 rounds, they are marked 15 but caps are totally different, the ones that hold 14 look like Para caps. I just think that's crappy of Remington to pull this, I have emailed them, which I figure is a waste of time. But I would like to know if there is anywhere I can get the proper end caps?

Attachments

21 - 28 of 28 Posts