1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy I know had one of these holsters and it looked good; he seemed to like it as continues to use it.

I'm thinking about getting an HF1 with dual carrier and belt; almost all options leather lining on the holster, different color, full stamping.

holster is $165
carrier is is $75
belt is $120

Total would be about $360 based on the pricing on the website.

That's kind of a lot of money in my book so before I order anything I want to see what others experiences with this product have been.

Thnx

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Well you do admit you've picked all the options...

I love my HF1, but I don't CCW as I'm in the PRK and just a wee little civilian. I use it for camping, hiking, etc. and love it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have 1 holster of his for my J frame S&W. It makes to much noise. So I don't wear it anymore. To me the hf1 is to bulky. You can buy a Milt Sparks mdl 55bn that's a lot slimmer profile and less money. In fact you could get
the holster, double mag pouch, and belt from Sparks for about $225.00
I think you would get more for your money. Just my .02

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
You're smarter than I was. I bought the HF-1 and the matching belt, both beautifully colored and stamped, but didn't get the magazine holder at the same. I'm still kicking myself.

Be prepared for an unusual problem when you get that rig. When I wear mine it usually has a beautiful custom 1911 in it. But nobody has ever looked at any gun when I have it in Tucker's leather. Everybody looks at the Tucker leather because it is so handsome. The photos of it are excellent but as good as they are they just can't prepare you for the real thing when it arrives.

I suppose I should add that Tucker's HF-1 rig works very well indeed and is exceptionally comfortable.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice to hear the responses.

I just ordered the complete set Wednesday from Rob. Fully stamped (cross cut) holster (HF1), belt and mag carrier. 360$ is a lot of bucks, but I needed a new gun belt anyway. Now I just need holsters for my other carry guns to match.
Rob said they only have enough black cherry die to last a couple of years, and after that no more.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I have two. They're good, practical holsters.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
love my tucker, hf1 and highly reccomend them,
garrity, i believe amemeber here has a VERY similar design, and i believe a bit lower in pricing,...check him out.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I got the HF1, matching belt, & matching mag carrier. Excellent leather and if I had to do it all over again I would!

When I wear mine it usually has a beautiful custom 1911 in it. But nobody has ever looked at any gun when I have it in Tucker's leather. Everybody looks at the Tucker leather because it is so handsome.
+1 - This is my 'BBQ' leather and it does get noticed more than the pistol it's holding

·
Registered
459 Posts
It's hard to go wrong with either Tucker or Sparks. Both are very high quality. Bottom line is it comes down to style and what purpose the holster will serve. HF1's are awesome and you sure can gussy em up. I have the Tucker pancake for a S&W66 and enjoy the holster a lot. My primary 1911 holsters are Sparks VMII's however.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
grayfox1982 said:
Well I'm 6' with a 30-32 waist is the HF1 good for thin people or better for thicker people?
Oh my. I had a 32 waist once. I did. I really did. Sigh.

Your waist size shouldn't matter at all. Ask Rob Longenecker his advice about that or anything else about Tucker gear, and trust whatever Rob says. He's trustworthy. In fact one of the fringe benefits of getting Tucker gear is dealing with Rob.

I'd better phone him soon to order the matching mag carrier for my HF-1. Darnit: I knew I was making a mistake when I didn't order it together with the belt and holster, but I was too stubborn to listen to me.

·
Vendor
1,642 Posts
thanks for the nice comments

Thanks, guys. I will make sure Tucker links up with this thread.

Bulky? Looks are deceiving. I know of no one who owns an HF1 who has found it to be bulky. The purpose of the design is so that it rides llike a pancake holster - close and secure and concealable.

Maybe this view of the HF1 will give some perspective.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
159 Posts
Quit showing that rig, Rob. I'm broke.

:bawling:

:biglaugh:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have an HF1 with matching mag pouch and belt. It is a fantastic rig. I wear the belt everyday whether I am carrying or not. Rob was a pleasure to deal with.

·
Registered
159 Posts
tonerguy said:
OK, from now on I'll only post that picture on www.supersecretholsterpics.com so you won't have to suffer.
Sounds like a plan. Does it take a secret decoder ring to access the site?

Beeyootiful holster and belt. I gotta get me one of those. Maybe for Christmas this year.

·
Vendor
1,642 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts