1911Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
I realize this trying to figure out how much they went up and whats closest to the old pricing to get some..
Well it is wise of you to get the AR10 while it is available and a stash of ammunition even though prices are high. These dirtbags of the DNC have been scheming to do away with the 2nd Amendment for a long time. Have you posted any pics of your AR10?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Well it is wise of you to get the AR10 while it is available and a stash of ammunition even though prices are high. These dirtbags of the DNC have been scheming to do away with the 2nd Amendment for a long time. Have you posted any pics of your AR10?
no pics yet its basic right now as it will take some time to change the furniture, get some optics, and a SS compensator etc

i would post it but i believe it needs to be parked in 3rd party place and backlinked , correct? cant post directly?? ill make it my profile pic for bit..that small work around..

·
Registered
895 Posts
To post it directly left click the image icon between the link icon and camera icon and click the second line that pops up saying (OR CLICK HERE) and you can open the pictures on your computer to pick the correct one.

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
I’d like to have list when shopping for the popular ammo cost before they were gouging so when im shopping i know how much im being ripped off lol per round or bulk whatever you have as far as normal pricing vs now pricing.
Here’s a snapchat of some of my 2019 ammo purchases, along with the online shops that I purchased it from. Of these shops that I did business with, it seems like only Underwood, Lehigh and Matt’s Ammo aren’t currently bending their customers over, they just don’t have allot of product available.

Keep in mind, those 2019 prices didn’t take into account the plethora of ammo rebates that were available at the time. In some instances, the rebates were pretty significant.

Most folks trying to raise a family or those on a fixed budget, simply don’t have the cash flow to stock up crates of ammo, and if you do shoot allot, then even crates full can barely be adequate over a long duration.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
well first we couldn't get ammo now that its starting to get to shelves and last while im still seeing excessive pricing..

9mm fmj basic stuff 24.99 for 50ctbx

m80 79 cents rond
308 14 round..crazy

will we ever see prices go back to anythg close to normal?

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,528 Posts
The last box of factory ammo I bought, was white box .45 hardball, for $26.99, in 2012.
No idea what it would cost now, if I could find it.

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
well first we couldn't get ammo now that its starting to get to shelves and last while im still seeing excessive pricing..

9mm fmj basic stuff 24.99 for 50ctbx

m80 79 cents rond
308 14 round..crazy

will we ever see prices go back to anythg close to normal?
Patience, just a little longer. Absolutely we will.... it may not be quite as low but will be close.

Already I'm back to 10-12 emails a day from companies sitting on ammo. Free shipping is making a comeback and even a few "sales" are advertised... if product sits on the shelves a little while, prices will fall.

As long as people continue to buy it, the prices will hold.

***The key to all of this is to remember what kind of shape you were in and stock up accordingly over the next normal period, however long that is. Everyone needs an inventory in a closet that will last them 2-3 years (or more) to get through these kinds of times- which seem to happen about every 4-6 years.

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
Well, if this stupid Delta freak out continues, and factories shut down again......... just sayin’.
Although you would think that everyone in a factory setting would have already had it!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Although we doubt we'll see it soon, we are waiting for 9mm 115gr ball to get back down to $170/K shipped to the door.

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
Well, if this stupid Delta freak out continues, and factories shut down again......... just sayin’.
Although you would think that everyone in a factory setting would have already had it!
The difference [I hope] will be that people just saw that the pandemic didn't cause a war or a need for an extra 10k rounds stockpiled, on top of the recommended normal pile.

Heck, this time, people aren't even quarantining for exposure and our schools have just been notified they don't even have to report positive cases to the rest of the class' parents or the county... and this is the "really contagious variant" that actually infects more kids! ??? Following the science, they say. :censored:

This whole thing is a turd sandwich.

·
Registered
766 Posts
The difference [I hope] will be that people just saw that the pandemic didn't cause a war or a need for an extra 10k rounds stockpiled, on top of the recommended normal pile.

Heck, this time, people aren't even quarantining for exposure and our schools have just been notified they don't even have to report positive cases to the rest of the class' parents or the county... and this is the "really contagious variant" that actually infects more kids! ??? Following the science, they say. :censored:

I think prices can get quite a bit better before they settle. But I really wouldn't expect to see incredible (inflation-adjusted) prices like we had around 2017 - early 2020 for a long time, if ever again. Even if social unrest and Covid fears continue to subside, and the Biden admin turns out to be impotent in imposing any real anti-gun measures, we have inflation to worry about now.

Copper prices alone are up more than 50% from what they were a year ago. If you wanna go back to the beginning of 2017, copper prices are up about 75%. The independent banking cartel oddly known as the "Federal" Reserve has been wanting inflation since the 2008 financial crisis, and they're finally getting it...from metals, to petroleum, to food. How much longer can they keep getting away with 0% interest rates? Let's hope a long time, and they've gotten away with it a lot longer than I think most would have guessed.

·
Registered
25,325 Posts
All I can say is that I have very thick file folder in one of my file cabinets of receipts for ammunition that I have acquired in the last few years at very reasonable prices. No beefs here.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Before all the current stupid started I could buy 9mm ball for $6.99 all day, $5.99 on sale. I still have a bunch of .22 i got for $50 per thousand. I won't need an .22 for a LONG time.

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts

Then again, the country did see the lunatic left, BLM, Antifa and others rape, pillage and have destructive protests go unchecked for weeks at a time. That’s perfectly fine, but god forbid someone sits in Pelosi’s chair.....now we gotta have millions of dollars worth of investigations!💩 That’s the flip side.......

·
Registered
25,325 Posts
A neighbor of mine is a federal LEO. He told me the other day that things are going from bad to worse down in Roanoke. They just disbanded their narcotics interdiction unit and the gangs are moving in. Keep your powder dry.

·
Registered
766 Posts
A neighbor of mine is a federal LEO. He told me the other day that things are going from bad to worse down in Roanoke. They just disbanded their narcotics interdiction unit and the gangs are moving in. Keep your powder dry.
Good grief. No sht, huh? The private security business must be picking up. Screw the rest of us that can't afford it.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts