1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for another IWB leather holster for my 5" 1911s'. I have located a Milt Sparks VM2 but the location who has them is charging a extra $100.00 over the Milt Sparks price (I guess if you do not want to wait the 22-24 weeks you pay the price). However I am looking at a holster by a company called Occidental Leather this holster is designed by Tim Thurner from TT Gunleather and I know TT has really good holsters. The Occidental holster is 1/2 the price of the VM2 and it looks close to the same, but how does it wear and feel? The feedback from a handful of purchasers ( this is e-bay by the way) has been positive. But has any of my fellow 1911 community shooters have any experience with this product?
I could still by the VM2 and be done with it but it kind of (no it really) chaps me they add such an adder for availability.
Any comments or experiences would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Occidental leather makes tool pouches for carpenters and other tradesmen. They make really nice ones. I had no idea that they had gotten into the holster business and therefore can't comment on the quality of their holsters.

Milt Sparks makes a top quality holster. If you don't want to wait the the six months to order from them directly and don't want to pay ebay prices, give a call to Lightning Arms (see banner at the top of your screen) or Top Gun Supply. I got mine from Lightning Arms and while it was at a premium, it wasn't at ebay prices.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts