1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I saw some literature from a company called Remsport that builds custom guns. Anyone with any comments? Not in the market but curious.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I havent seen any literature, but I have seen that name used on ebay. The guy was selling stuff made by them. The problem is I cant find out who Them is , nothing turns up on yahoo or dogpile searches. The parts werent marked, so there is no telling who made them.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I also tried to find info on Remsport but could find nothing. This topic may get more response in the General Gun Discussion section.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Remsport build

I bought a slide, frame and 38 super barrel from them. Slide frame was excellent, needed just a little lapping, barrel lock up was good and I supplied the rest of the parts. This thing will shoot, 1-1/4 at 50 from a Ransom. I have email them lately but no response and I lost the number that was stored on another computer that lost the hard dirve. I know someone else that should have the number and will have to get it. I was very satisfied with the outcome and the gun is shooting fine.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Contact Info

Remsport Mfg
566 Holyoke Street
Ludlow, MA 01056
413-589-9976
[email protected]

Ask for Ron Chiasson, He's the one I have spoken to and dealt with. They're doing some machining work for me and I also bought a couple slides from them. A very pleasant guy to deal with.

·
Registered
221 Posts
damien said:
Remsport Mfg
566 Holyoke Street
Ludlow, MA 01056
413-589-9976
[email protected]

Ask for Ron Chiasson, He's the one I have spoken to and dealt with. They're doing some machining work for me and I also bought a couple slides from them. A very pleasant guy to deal with.
+1, Just spoke to Ron. Really cool. I am going to buy one of his barrels for my current project. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Hounds:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
RemSport

Yes RemSport is a pretty well-known maker of really affordable frames and other .45 stuff. They seel thier frames (and perhaps slides) in numerous different configs at an extremely well known surplus parts mail-order house--but I'm so new I don't know if I'm allowed to "advertise for them
IanC

·
Registered
370 Posts
I saw their frame in the Numrich e-catalog. It has a checkered front strap and .250 radius for a beavertail. Is this the same frame you used?

If your group is at 50 yards, that's outstanding. 50 feet, that's pretty good too.

Randy

gman1020 said:
I bought a slide, frame and 38 super barrel from them. Slide frame was excellent, needed just a little lapping, barrel lock up was good and I supplied the rest of the parts. This thing will shoot, 1-1/4 at 50 from a Ransom. I have email them lately but no response and I lost the number that was stored on another computer that lost the hard dirve. I know someone else that should have the number and will have to get it. I was very satisfied with the outcome and the gun is shooting fine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought a complete slide from them on ebay. They said the slide was cut to roughly the midpoint of the tolerances and I found it to be as they stated. Slide is forged and nicely made IMHO but I'm no expert. The barrel fit was better than any production 1911 I've ever checked (then again I've yet seen to see a good factory barrel fit). Not as good as a hand fit but then I didn't expect it to be at that price. I haven't built it yet but it's nice to hear others have been successful using their parts.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I just finished a build with a Remsport frame, barrel and slide cut for the sights. I had them fit the barrel, slide and barrel and a bushing. Then I asked them to stake the plunger tube and ejector and to install a beaver tail and blend it with the slide.

I got a great price on it with that work done and I had no problem finishing it off and John at Remsport is great to work with.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Some of the best folks I have ever dealt with. They will be getting lots of my money. Superior customer service with friendly attitudes and GREAT PRODUCTS. A true + to our industry.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have bought a couple of their frames and slides and they are extremely well made, some holes need to be reamed and they are forged frames not cast. Cost is a real bargan.

Jim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts