1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, I actually do know the maker of those grips. I actually gave him the eagle design from Ms. Embroidery's t-shirts to make those grips, a pair of black anodized ones which are being sent to me now. His name is Chris Lynch, and he is a CNC machinist. He started doing these grips as a hobby of sorts, he made the first pair (all checkered, no logo) for his dad, and now he is selling some on e-Bay. He didn't realize how popular these would be!

Shiroikuma, I'll e-mail you a pic of some of his other works. He isn't taking large orders at all, since he doesn't have the time off from work to do a lot of custom orders, but if the aluminum grips are successful, he may just change professions!

If anyone else wants to see how these grips look like on a gun, please e-mail me for the photo. Also, he doesn't make them cut for magwells, so you're gonna have to make do with what he has.

Lastly, please pray for our U.S. military as we begin to engage the hostile forces in Afghanistan. May they exact the vengeance that we've been waiting for, and come home safely. Thank you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks USMA,

I got that picture of the grips on a 1911 that you e-mailed too. They look nice.

I sent Chris an e-mail about the grips that another fellow found for me.

shiro

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It does ..kinda.. Shiroi means 'white' and kuma means 'bear'. Of course in Japanese if you stick them together the prononciation changes so the charcters for polar bear are white + bear pronounced differently. Together they are pronounced 'haku~something' which I couldn't find in my Jap/Eng dictionary so I used shiroikuma....

that was probably more than you wanted to know wasn't it?

shiro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts