1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is the straight poop on these pistols? I know that they make the RIA line, and have heard mostly good things about them.

Anyone own one and what do you think?

·
Registered
399 Posts
These pistols get discussed quite a bit here. Do quick search and you can find many threads regarding the Armscor/RIA pistols.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
GREAT PISTOL. BUY ONE:)

Boogalou,

Despite these pistols are casted and from the philippines they're considered dynamite pistols for the money! I know as I read an article about then and decided to take a chance and try one. To my surprise the quality is far exceded compared to a Charles Daly pistol which has been questionable as far as quality goes. Mine goes bang every time I pull the trigger and the barrel quality is great. So far I've only shot FMJ's but no stoppages yet. Again it goes bang everytime I pull the trigger. I highly suggest you consider buying one for yourself before some one from the government decides to stop them coming into the country. Botton line.... GREAT PISTOL BUY ONE!!!

rimfire,22

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am very pleased with the one I purchased ($325) about a month ago at a gun show.

For about the same price you would pay for a RIA or similar gov spec model, I got one with all the extras that you typically want. Nice blued finish with wood grips, tactical style sights, beavertail grip, and ambi-safety. I have put about 300 rounds thru it so far (Winchester White Box and my own handloads) without missing a beat. Nice groups at 7 and 10 yards, accuracy is certainly more than adequate for IDPA type competition. Good fit and finish on the frame/slide with no machining burrs. If they are all like this one then I wouldn't hesitate to buy another, maybe a 9mm next time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i have to send mine back for a new barrel as the chamber was reamed wrong and a spot inside the lower locking lug area on the frame sticking out needs to be machined sqaure,other than that i shot one hole groups at 25 yards,no fte,ftf's or anything else.i just hope when i get it back it will redo the same groups.i talked with john at the nevada office and he said its rare a bad one gets thru like mine,i love it and im stikking with it.by the way the warranty is a good one as well,for 50 clams its liftime or the usual one year from date of purchase.25$ for 5 i think.it comes with 2 very nice gloss blued novak mags and low profile snag free novak sites i like alot,i wished they added an adjustable trigger tho,then it would need zilch as its got all else allreddy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts