1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those of us wit short thumbs...lol..any pix......i saw one on the kimber pix thread ill try to find it...it looks nice

·
Registered
13 Posts
I put a Wilson Combat stainless extended slide release on my TLE/RL. Big improvement for me, however, I had to do some filing and polishing on it to make it a "perfect" fit. Not bad though, I'd recommend it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just curious, are you trying to activate the slide release with your shooting hand?

If you're shooting w/ a two-hand hold, why not just use your support hand's thumb?
That's what I do with mine when I'm practicing. It's makes it a whole lot easier when you're just shooting at the range though and you wanna just use one hand when the mag is empty. I am contemplating the extended also. I am keeping an eye on this thread :rock:

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
You should not let the slide slam into battery on an empty chamber. It's bad for the barrel hood and the breech face. When you are firing the pistol you will get your thumb under the extended slide stop and cause a premature slide lock. But to each their own.

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
un intended slidelock...

yea dont see that as a problem. practice males perfect..lol

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
You should not let the slide slam into battery on an empty chamber. It's bad for the barrel hood and the breech face. When you are firing the pistol you will get your thumb under the extended slide stop and cause a premature slide lock. But to each their own.
Yep, that's what I have read also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
One use for an Extended Slide Release

Like many on the forum, I too rack the slide to release it on a fresh round, I use the slide stop as a stop, period. HOWEVER, I have severe arthritis in my hands and no feeling at all in my left hand due to a nerve injury and have to fire post qualification regularly with my Kimber Pro CDP-II. With my arthritis and lack of feeling I have to struggle with the stock slide stop to engage the slide stop which is the first step in clearing a double feed malfunction. The extended stop gives me just that little bit of extra to allow me to reliably and easily engage the slide stop with out struggling. I know Kimber does not like them, as I've talked to the factory about them and they vehiminantly recommend against them, though won't say specifically why. I had one on my Kimber for years and never had a problem with it until I noticed I could not rack my slide back into battery if the stop was engaged. Kimber swore it was the slide stops issue, I put the stock stop back on and the problem persisted. But I later remembered I had put a recoil spring buffer on and when I took that off, the problem went away. Am about to experiment with putting the extended stop back on and see if I see any impact in function. Any thoughts from the group?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts