1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Trying to figure out if it's a movie prop or from a video game, or.... It was posted on FB, but the person who posted didnt list a source for the photo.

Just curious.

·
Premium Member
7,480 Posts
That’s a lot of nice work for a movie prop.
I want one! It looks like a transformer.....

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I'd guess movie prop. But from which movie?

·
Premium Member
15,188 Posts
Looks like its a dual-caliber set-up where the barrel section flips around, but this would require another cylinder. Also, the sighting apparatus is cool with a laser between the barrels and some kind of optic on the top strap.
Is this possibly the blaster from 'Rollerball' that was used by drunk partiers to incinerate a tree at 100 yds?

·
Premium Member
15,188 Posts
Okay, that's not it - should have checked first. I still think it is a movie prop.

·
Administrator
72,126 Posts
A Google image search merely comes up as a "Cyberpunk kit". In other words, some teenager's idea of a cool badass sidearm for an equally cool badass fictional character. Just something to give Hollyweird or comic book writers a few more ideas.

Reactions: Levian

·
Premium Member
8,768 Posts
Definitely looks like a movie prop by some prop artist that hasn't a clue how a revolver works.

At first impression I thought maybe it might be from Firefly TV series but their props were far more realistic.

·
Administrator
72,126 Posts
Whatever it is, unless it fires a blast of something that can incinerate a Tiger tank with one shot a conventional cartridge revolver is a whole lot more practical and easier to conceal. That's something these sci-fi weapons designers seem to overlook. Sure it looks cool, but who wants to lug it around?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Whatever it is, unless it fires a blast of something that can incinerate a Tiger tank with one shot a conventional cartridge revolver is a whole lot more practical and easier to conceal. That's something these sci-fi weapons designers seem to overlook. Sure it looks cool, but who wants to lug it around?
Aaaahh...
But in these Sci-fi worlds that they think up, concealment is not an issue. The good guys and bad guys alike wear their guns like it's the wild west. Or they're under a Mac, trenchcoat, duster,etc.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
No idea but I want one ... only thing that comes to mind is Judge Dredd.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's much too elaborate to be a prop or video game toy -- it's clearly meant to be a functioning device. It would help if we could read the (surprisingly extensive) markings. For now, I'll guess it's part of a weapon training system.

·
Registered
23,007 Posts
I had one some years ago. But ammo was pricey and hard to find. So I was able to trade it off on a transmogrifier gun.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts