1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw Bersa was making a 1911, but can't find a link/site to Bersa to look at what they offer. Anyone seen one?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Never heard of a Bersa 1911 clone, but they do offer the Thunder .45, and it looks nice to me. Never seen one in person though.

·
Banned
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It might be Kutzro357. Firestorm is Llama (same factory, all parts interchange), but I have no idea if that is what the ad refered to. It did say mil spec 1911 and was cheap (dealer cost was about half of anything else) which is why I wondered if anyone knew anything.

·
Premium Member
20,399 Posts
Cheap is as cheap gets. Stick with the proven guns guys! Llama went out of business for a reason.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The old Firestorm 1911 pistols were Llama's and they were not real "clones" and many parts were not in spec. These new ones are so atleast they have that going for them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Never heard of a Bersa 1911 clone, but they do offer the Thunder .45, and it looks nice to me. Never seen one in person though.

I have one in the matte blue. I've only shot a couple hundred rounds through it so far, but it's never bobbled yet. It's very comfortable to shoot, even with ball. When you consider it's size it's a marvel as most previous subcompact 45s I've owned/shot were a bit brutal in the recoil department. The sub-compact glock holsters fit it quite well and are cheap if you shop used(bought 2 for [email protected] at the gunshow where I bought the pistol). Not target grade accurate but it does quite well and so far has fed everything I've tried. The hammer drop safety locks the slide. I'm impressed considering it was $345 out the door. My only bitch is the cost of extra magazines.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Oh, to answer the original question, I've seen one of the 1911s called the Firestorm, but didn't actually handle it at a gunshow. IIRC it was an Armscore pistol, not manufactured by either Llama or Bersa. I wasn't impressed by the quality of finish. It looked pretty rough. Bersa manufactures the compact Firestorms(called Thunderers when imported by Bersa).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts