1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm really trying to find a TRP OP in stock. I live in IL and figure that since Springfield is located in IL, I would have a better chance to find one then say...any other state! Whats worse is that I called one shop and they basically told me that Springfield has "discontinued" that model. What gives? Do Springfield reps watch this board and if they do, care to shed some light on this? I mean its not technically a "custom" gun, so where are all of them. If someone has seen one in a shop, where at? I really want a rail and looks like that Kimber I was comparing it to might just get the purchase because they are available readily.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I've never seen a TRP Operator in stock, but I have seen some Loaded Operators, which are about the equivalent to the Kimber TLE/RL II. I'm in Kalifornia, so I don't think you want the address of the shop that I saw them in. I would recomment trying Sporting Arms Corp (www.sportingarms.com) in Texas. I've bought a few guns from them and they are a pleasure to deal with.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I feel the SA TRP Operator is the best .45 ACP you can currently buy. It needs minimal adjustment and tuning to the shooter. The Intel I received 2 years ago from SA production manager was that the pistol was priced wrong at its introduction ( was supposed to be closer to the Pro Mod than the TRP ). It meets the Pro Mod accuracy standards. They are simi -customs all major parts are numberd and hand fitted prior to coating. They are done in batches of 50 at a time, sometimes they are hard to find but well worth the trouble to locate. I have Tuned 7 TRP Operators for Active Duty Military and IPSC/USPSA shooters who want the best.
2011BLDR

·
Registered
110 Posts
:eek:
SA knows what they have in the TRP OPERATOR and it is definatley not out of production or scheduled to be. The MIL SPEC OPERATOR is no longer offered in order to help demand for the frames in the LOADED and TRP lines.
2011BLDR

·
Registered
195 Posts
Have you tried ImpactGuns?

Except for its weight/shape that makes it less practical to carry concealed, it is very nice. However, I'm not sure I like the *sharp* adjustable rear sight...

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
The last ime I was at Impact Guns in Ogden, Utah they had one setting right there in the case. That is where I pick up most everything I think I need to have to stick in the safe.

You can send email to [email protected] or call Alan or Rob at 1-801-393-2474

Karsten

·
Registered
841 Posts
There are actually 4 used TRP Operators in between two stores I frequent. One of the stores has one NIB TRP operator that has been spoken for and the other store has 2 Mil Spec Operators that have sat there for quite some time.

I know the store I frequent said its not easy getting the TRP Op from their distro but then again he said there isn't any demand for them :confused:

·
Registered
841 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
way to steep

Yeah if i'm going to pay $1400 plus taxes, plus FFL charges plus shiping....I would kick myself for just not saving up and splurging on the TRP Pro at that point. I mean I have seen those for 2000 flat NIB... Well my search goes on....I really dont want to give in and get the Kimber with a rail......I have heard to many good things about SA and their customer service.

·
Registered
305 Posts
You Might Try...

Don't know where you are, but a while back I saw some TRP Operators in stock at MegaSports in Plainfield, IL. They're usually pretty good on price, too, and nice people. Hope this helps -- good luck!

Specialized

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
Well, maybe you need to figure out just what you want 1st....It seems the original question was where to find a TRP Operator.

Now you have a multitude to pick from between $900-1400 and that is to much.

Save your funds and wait a year for a PRO.

Just some advice....don't post a BS query as to where to find what as a few people will go out of there way to help.

In my opinion you wasted a lot of time for someone with just 2 posts.

Karsten

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Harsh reply

I dont appreicate the harsh post Karsten.

First off thanks to all the people that have helped and replied in the thread. I appreciate it and have checked up on almost all the leads.

Second, I dont have options from 900 to 1400. I'm looking for a NIB one, which I thought was evident but obviously I messed up in that area, so really I have 1400 as my only option.

Yes I'm new to this forum, I though since it was referred by a great many people that it was an inviting forum with some good people...for the MOST part I am right. Still thanks for all

Also, thanks Specialized I already tried MegaSports and GAT.. I saw TRP OPs at both of those about 2 months ago....when I started to research them and found out that I really wanted one.

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
I guess you just didn't reat this post or bother to check out the link either.....seems it is a NIB as you requested

txminime said:
Have you tried ImpactGuns?

Except for its weight/shape that makes it less practical to carry concealed, it is very nice. However, I'm not sure I like the *sharp* adjustable rear sight...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually

I tried ImpactGuns and actually got to order but got an email back saying its backordered.... Got really excited too, it was a great price, but in the end same result.

Thanks again txminime, it was a great price just wish it was in.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks

My only concern is that I have heard the SA warranty is for the life of the gun of the "original owner". So thats why I'm pretty stuck on buying a NIB. Especially if I buy one over online, I won't get to feel it and inspect it.

Anyone know if this is try about the warranty?

As for comparing a Pro with an Operator... there's no way I would do that. I was just saying that I beleive the operator is worth around $1300 in my book and if I go higher than that I might as well start looking into the Pro...the Pro is a sweet gun, I've fired it and its very nice, just dont think I need THAT expensive of a gun, then again who knows. I might as well wait then and see if they are going to mate a rail onto the PRO next year (rumors rumors).

·
Registered
225 Posts
Actually I've owned 3 TRP operators. One of them I bought used and I had problems with it. I called Springfield and they told me to send it in. They fixed it - no charge. I don't think you should worry about Springfield not standing behind their product becuase they will, wether it was bought new or used.

If you want an Operator from the custom shop you can order one right now -
http://www.springfield-armory.com/images/Custom/PC9112Large.jpg
I believe there is someone on this forum that has one on order right now. Not sure how long it would take but I know it's a while.

The price is about the same as a Pro and I'm pretty sure anything coming our of the custom shop is not going to be going down in price.

Good luck, I hope you find one. It's a great pistol.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good info on SA

Glad to hear about SA stand'n behind their products. I know it makes me feel good to konw that if I do get a gun that the company will stand up for it and not blame the user. My first gun was a glock 23, and glocks have only 1 year warranty. But I have yet to hear of a problem with sending in a gun that is older than a year for service and get'n the short end of the stick with glock.

Anyone else have similar experiences with SA and used guns? If the general feeling is that they will service used guns...I might look into a used one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just picked up a slightly modified mil-spec operator, though I haven't yet had a chance to shoot it. Though of course by the time I'm done, I'll have the bloody thing modified to ~the loaded operator. I plan on having SA, or heiene, put the novaks or straight eights on it.
BTW anyone else have a mil spec operator, what's your experience with them?

As to the orginal question. I don't know where you are in the state, but Scheels' in Iowa City/Coralville has had a trp operator in their case for ~4-5months now for ~1300. Scheels is a chain "super" sporting goods store so I don't know if they would do a FFL transfer.

Mike

1 - 20 of 20 Posts