1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Ever heard the saying you get what you pay for?

If all your concerned about are looks go ahead, its your money. If you really want a functional comp well.....................

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ever heard the saying you get what you pay for?

If all your concerned about are looks go ahead, its your money. If you really want a functional comp well.....................
the seller guarantees fitment, and if un-altered will refund 100%

i shoot $100 worth of ammo a week, whats another $40 up in smoke:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
i've had it on my Kimber/S&W1911/Colt at one time just for looks....it had very little to do with reducing recoil as far as i'm concerned.
Your gun must be equipped with a FLGR to install. It could be a PITA to remove once installed. But you'll get used to it.:biglaugh:
Picture 1114.jpg

Picture 404.jpg

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have shot several bushing comped 1911’s over the years and I can honestly say I didn’t feel a significant reduction in felt recoil. With at least a 40% increase in noise, I’m sure some gas has to be diverted up but I think it’s offset be the added weight reciprocating with the slide.

The 45 acp does not lend itself well to a compensator due to the low chamber pressures, and those pressures at the comp ports is dismally low.

The only compensator I’ve ever seen that worked in the 45 acp were the Gans “Fat Comps” designed for bowling pin guns. I’ve shot a couple examples of Fat Comped 45’s and one of them even had negative recoil.

But, like others have said….it’s your dime.

Jeff

·
Registered
373 Posts
for looks... go for it. function... not worth it.

all of the compensators that replace the bushing do not work to their full potential since they are the outside diameter of the barrel. This allows the pressure to pass by the bullet when it leaves the barrel, as opposed to going only through the ports in the top.

if anything, you may experience some recoil reduction, at the cost of a loss in accuracy since the new barrell bushing/compensator is not properly fit.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
:eek: Spinner hubcaps comes to mind.
:rock: Don't waste 2+ cases of beer on it,you want a comp buy the real McCoy and it's still basically a waste of money on a low pressure round like a 45-they look cool and freak out Butwheat on a carjacking though.

·
Banned
91 Posts
well its definatly not a real compensator and im sure the seller intends it to be just for looks

but heaier guns do have an affect of reduced felt recoil so it may be a little help to you. i think they look pretty cool. reminds me of the two 1911's from that Punisher movie a few years ago.

just look at all that cheap "Tacti-cool" stuff you see those AR-15 guys buying and putting on their guns (and other guns) in the grand sceme of things i dont think that little piece is too bad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts