1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone tried Shooters World Powder CLEAN SHOT (by Lovex D032-03)

21K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Ricky T 
#1 ·
Powder Valley has a canister powder, Shooters World Powder CLEAN SHOT (by Lovex D032-03) in stock. The Shooters World web site describes this powder and emulating Accurate #2 and is optimized for .45 ACP. They compare it to Accurate #2, Tightgroup and 231.

http://www.shootersworldsc.com/propellants

Anyone have any experience with this powder? Some of the numbers in the load data look a little squirrely.

From website:
D032
A fast burning, low density, double base, ball propellant
similar to Accurate No. 2. It is excellent in almost all handgun
cartridges, especially where clean burning is desirable.

D032-03
This propellant is a bulk form of Lovex D032 reloading propellant. Ballistic results for this propellant show it to be highly versatile, with low residue in a myriad of pistol cartridges. A similar burn rate to Accurate No. 2®.
This propellant can be used in virtually all pistol cartridges. A spherical propellant, it meters through charge plates extremely consistently and will work with a high-speed loader with very good flow. Loaders who desire to use this propellant in cartridges requiring a slow gas generation rate (9mm and .380 Auto and magnums for example) should understand that this propellant is optimized for .45 Auto. Therefore, while the propellant will enable loaders to use one propellant for several calibers, this propellant will not enable high velocities in 9mm, .380 Auto or magnum cartridges.
Ballistic load data is available at:
http://www.explosia.cz/en/streliviny/download/reloading_EN.pdf
As with any propellant and load combination, a minor change to any of the components of the test load CAN result in significant shift in ballistic performance. This shift can cause unintended high pressures, and result in injury or death. Therefore, Shooters World LLC, nor the manufacturer of this propellant take no responsibility for the intentional or unintentional misuse of this product. The charge weights and results noted within are not recommended, either as a starting nor completed load. They are shown merely as an indication of potential performance in one test load, shot by CIP standards.
http://www.shootersworldsc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Clean-Shot-12-ga-118-Shot-Shell-Reloading-Guide.pptx.pdf

See less See more
#2 ·
Never heard of it, but I read the manufacturer's reloading manual in the link you provided http://www.explosia.cz/en/streliviny/download/reloading_EN.pdf and the manual is as complete and informative as the ones for Hodgdon, Accurate, Alliant, and all the others we have here. I would use that manual, especially since it includes load data in grains and inches so you don't have to convert.

On the other hand, just because you have load data doesn't mean it's accurate in 45acp. Then again, it may be the best you've ever discovered. Especially if you favor fast powders like AA#2.

#9 ·
I mean CIP everywhere I used it in the post. No need for correction.

Here's the point: The load data linked by the OP is not generated using SAAMI procedures. It is generated using CIP procedures. The two procedures produce different results, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just be aware of it.

#11 ·
Strange that they're comparing it so much to AA#2. I love AA#2 but it's not the optimum powder for .45ACP. For higher performance AA#5 is my preferred .45 powder...just wondering about it...AA#2 is very good in .45ACP, don't get me wrong. Also, AA#2 excels in .38Spl.

Interesting stuff, wouldn't mind giving it a spin...

#15 ·
Looks like an old thread. But I just tried the powder. So I'll post anyway. I bought ten pounds of it since it was highly recommended and the bragging point was that it would be more consistent than the Tite Group I have been using and maybe cleaner. It's not cleaner. It may be a little more consistent but I'm seeing 50 foot per second variations in my .40 S&W load for IDPA. I'll try it in revolver as soon I unload some brass (using my 586). The Tite Group load I'm shooting now in .38 Special has over 100 FPS variation and that's unacceptable. The groups don't look as bad as the velocity spread would make me expect. But they're nothing to brag about either. Unfortunately, when I took my STI down to clean it after about 500 rounds of the "Clean Shot" powder, the gun was filthy inside, actually gritty, much dirtier than with the Tite Group load I've been shooting and from the videos shot of practice sessions this week it's about as smoky too. So ... no cigar, not even a cigarette. Don't buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.