1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks very practical. Anyone use it on their 1911?

[This message has been edited by Boom Stick (edited 10-19-2001).]

·
Registered
72 Posts
I wouldn't recommend one because the trigger remains unprotected and the gun only contacts the belt in one place, allowing the grip to shift backward or forward. Two points of attachment are preferred, as it keeps the draw stroke consistent when you find your master firing grip where you expect to. Check out a Ghurka. www.comp-tac.com

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
I have not used the latest re-encarnation of the idevice since I don't want to start trimming my ivory and stag stocks to get the thing to fit. I have used one of the earlier versions made by Brown and Pharr. I liked using it since at the time I carried "Mex" alot and the clip kept the pistol at the same height all the time.

I had an even earlier version in the collection of 1911 accessories at the same time. I traded off both clips for an LNIB "key hole" lanyard loop magazine to add to the collection, I got the better part of that deal.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
548 Posts
I had one on a revolver. The thing that was weirdest was that the clip vibrated after it came out the belt (it's very springy steel). I could feel it vibrate through the gun for about a second after the draw. A little distracting. I took it off mostly because it slowed down my reload a little. OK for carrying, but then more of a revolver's weight is below the beltline.

------------------
Claude
Shooterscoach.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts