1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A NIB TRP (SS) is on the way as I decided to go with it as my next purchase at this point in time. Went with this one as I am still in the SS phase of my 1911 shooting.....a Pro may come down the line sometime.

Is there anything about breaking in this gun, or maintaining it, that is different from the regular Loaded's I already own? Any mag or ammo issues? Any other tips on this one?

Be Safe, Shoot Well.:rock:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got one 3 weeks ago, I love it. Paid about 1500 for it and it was probably to much but I did get to handle it before I purchased it.

You could just take it out of the box and shoot it if you wanted. I don't see no reason why you can't

But me being me, I took it apart and wiped it down and inspected it. Went to the shooting range and dumped about 500 rounds of wolf and a mix-up of reloades and HPs through it. Used a mix of different clips, I had no problems. It was also supprisingly accurate. I did a reliability test by loading some empty brass into the clip and shucking it a couples of times.

Got a ed brown magwell grip safty for it, had a good tight fit and it looked liked it was made for it. I don't like the SA LIS, to many parts and I would probably loose the keys to it. Got a wilson one peice full length guide rod. I don't like the SA two peaice and haveing to use allen wrenches to take it apart. I don't think I'll do anything else to it.

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks....it should be in the shop by early next week and home three days
after that.

be safe, shoot well.:rock:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts