1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
No. It's a good gun, though for the price I would've preferred 30lpi checkering. But the 20lpi was FBI spec.

·
Registered
154 Posts
300 rounds this weekend through mine. The checkering has never been a problem for me. And, I don't have tough hands. The only thing I would consider changing would be to substitute Heinie sights. But the Novaks are excellent.

·
Registered
684 Posts
If money is not the issue, then I really enjoy mine. I agree that the 20 lpi is great on these, doesn't bother me and I'm a pencil pusher these days with sissy hands. Kimber 20 lpi bothered me but not this one. Maybe they took a little edge off them or something.

No problems at all so far with mine. Absolutly reliable.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that they "defang" the Professional model, which makes the 20lpi a little more comfortable to shoot.

I know when I handled the Professional the 20lpi didn't seem as sharp as the 20lpi on my TRP.

Semper Fi
USMC03

·
Banned
100 Posts
Can't go wrong top of the food chain in production pistols. If you have not had dealings with SA before be assured customer is TOPS..
I prefer the TM with Bomar IMHO. Yet if I was CCW or LEO would go this route obviously.
Atleast the Novaks have Trituim inserts big+
GL whatever you decide.
If its a SA you have no wrong choice!

·
Administrator
18,614 Posts
Originally posted by 45Hardballer:
Can't go wrong top of the food chain in production pistols.
???

Its not a production pistol. It is individually hand fit out of the Custom Shop. At the very least it would be called a "semi-production" gun...

·
Banned
100 Posts
Originally posted by LW McVay:
???

Its not a production pistol. It is individually hand fit out of the Custom Shop.
NO kidding, so is my PX9140L Trophy Match.
Dude your way off. My TM is hand fitted also.
But just call Custom Shop and get a price on a hand built full Racer. LOL
You are way off by thinking that just because they are rolled down to the Custom Shop as was my TM that puts them in a class with a call to Caspian for a full blown racegun.
They are available if 100 different people wanted one "out of their catalogue" that they would all go through the same process.

They are PRODUCTION PISTOLS !!!!! PERIOD...LOOK AT THEIR WEBSITE CAN NOT EVERYONE GET THAT MODEL??????? YES!

CASE CLOSED. I will not debate a non-debatable issue.

"wise man he that think he know all will never know anything"

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Mr. Hard baller, you certainly have an interesting "way" about you...Do you post here often? I don't think I've heard that particular remark about the TRP-Pro before...Are you perhaps in "gun sales"?

I'll bet you can get "really" good prices on all sorts of "production" pistols...Is that right?
Well it's certainly "nice" to have you here and letting us in on the "scoop" Thanks!

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

·
Banned
100 Posts
Originally posted by gyp_c:
I don't think I've heard that particular remark about the TRP-Pro before
Thanks!

Ok here's the SCOOP cannot anybody get a Black Teflon PC9111 or a like my 9151, 9108, 9140, 9102 I believe yes they can. Now I see that it's the definition that bothers you well does saying it's Custom make it shoot better? Well if for you say it's a Signature Series Limited Hand Fitted for you and its ONE of a kind.
Yes I work for a large um company lets say. LOL. Go SA!!!!! But truley I am not saying anything negative it is only a difference of business viewpoint. Now the PC9111 is listed under LOADED models is it not? Yes these are what are along with the 9404,9202,9102, and 9302 they PRODUCE through production.
Now lets say you call want a stainless frame, with a Jarvis barrel, with a McCormick trigger and hammer set, then your want a Wilson or Brown comp mag ejector, with a set of white outline Millet or say Bomar sights, you want a full meltdown, you also want a mount attached "tapped" for a Luepold RED. Brown ambi. safety, and a King's ext slide release.
That is a production but not offered to everyone. Its a custom pistol.
Production is a form of completion NOT A FACTOR OF QUALITY!
That would come exclusively from the custom shop in about 6-9 months.
Have I explained my angle of view OR must I go get you a unproductive pistol because it follows no step by step production process, that is assymbled by unproductive people?????

"wise man once said you must open eyes to see
the light"

[This message has been edited by 45Hardballer (edited 06-10-2001).]

·
Administrator
18,614 Posts
Oh my...touchy are we Mr. 45Hardballer?

I have news for you "dude". ANYONE can get ANY "custom" gun that has enough money to spend.

Oh and since you claim to work for SA, you might want to run down to the Custom Shop and talk with Mr. Dave Williams regarding his definition of a "custom pistol". He is the one that defines the Pro Model as a "custom gun".

[This message has been edited by LW McVay (edited 06-10-2001).]

·
Banned
100 Posts
Come now I am not touchy!
Also please show me where I said I "worked for Springfield Armory". Go SA? Boy you are quick to assume.
I am pleased you are happy!
I just think you have not come to learn the meaning of production, BUT WHO CARES. LOL
I think this is beating a DEAD HORSE!
I will say I percieve you as touchy but, hey you know what that is what make us individuals. What would a world of clones be?
BORING!!!!!! Hey just enjoy that pruduced through normal production Custom Pro and have fun!

·
Administrator
18,614 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Yes I work for a large um company lets say. LOL. Go SA!!!!!
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you are implying you work for SA, yes indeed. So are you retracting that?

Now its your definition of production versus custom and not SA's. Go figure.

Thanks. I do enjoy my Custom Pro Model.

[This message has been edited by LW McVay (edited 06-10-2001).]

·
Banned
100 Posts
I did not know Moderator's to also be quick to assess ones personality.
They need to change you title from MODERATOR to --------------------->OPINIONATOR!

·
Banned
100 Posts
I will not retract anything you know what the wise man said about ASSUMING don't you?
You assumed and perceived not me!

"wise man said to assume will only make you look like, well you know"

I am at work now building you a Custom one of the kind serial #1 of #1. Hand jointed, glued, inlayed gun display since yours is sooooooooooo special! ROFLMAO

·
Banned
100 Posts
Wake up OPINIONATOR! Everybody can perceive things different. Can voice our opinions thats is what make us>

INDIVIDUAL= SEPERATE OR DISTINCT

You want Oak or Walnut stain or a CUSTOM blend?

·
Banned
100 Posts
Originally posted by gyp_c:
...This is fun...

Well not really fun but maybe he might learn something about perception and people. He kinda opened a can of worms since he was so quick to assess me. LOL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.