1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not directed at anyone but, I've seen a couple apologies posted and then pages of responses complimenting the person for various character traits.

It seems to me that a more positive, but less attention reinforcing method for apologies to be posted may be warranted. For example, post the apology, then lock the thread. My rationale, it should not have happened in the first place and self-monitoring/self-regulation of language and replies is a sign of positive character traits.

I enjoy the positive posts and the overall climate of this family-friendly forum. And I've thrown away many responses that I thought, at first, I needed to post. One can notice the the questionable threads disappearing and some of the members that seem to disappear after a few questionable posts. I did a google of a new member and found a large number of similar language posts on a variety of forums. He doesn't appear to post here anymore.

There is a tremendous amount of support shown for persons who err and that is good, but maybe that support should come in a Private Message.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
I can see your point

I can see your point here.. Too much information can sometimes be a bad thing. Taken to the extreme, a general apology thread (sticky) might not be a bad thing either.. It would show up with a "New Posts" search, but would not clutter up the original topic with the aftermath.. It's a scary thought isn't it.. I for one am glad that my foot is not any bigger than it is.. Cheers.. Ron

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
I figure if a person needs to or wants to MAN UP, COWBOY UP, COWGIRL UP, about something he or she did on this forum, go for it. :rock:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts