1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I made a post recently in the long arms forum about wanting to purchase a tactical style ar15. One of the posts i made was taken the wrong way and after rereading it i can EASILY see how it could be taken that way. In this post it seems like i was insinuating that Adco firearms was telling me what my ar15 would have and wouldnt have. However that was not my intention, infact they shared some very important information with me in reguards to the weight of the front handguard rail systems. This was appreciated since the two factors in this gun are going to be weight and modularity (i do love gizmos). They could have very easily said that since i asked for it that they would take my money and not tell me about the possible conflict, instead he made a point about not continuing at his end to design the rifle untill i was informed about the issue and made a decision once i was properly educated. I feel that Damian and his crew deserve an apology since i feel some forum members may have seen that post and formed a bad opinion of Adco. I want to go on record as to say that Damian has been more than helpful in answering my questions about this AR project and other firearms ive asked about in the past even when he had nothing to gain by taking his time and helping me out, and that i have the highest respect for him and the other people who work at Adco firearms.

also later in that same post (i was on a roll wasnt i:( ) i mentioned an interest in the olympic arms removable stock carbine. It is not my intention to purchase one, but ive been searching the internet for addons, and other dodads that i can ask damian about adding to the my carbine, and came accross that rifle, it interested me since it seems to use a propriatary mechanism and Oly arms hasnt replied to my questions about how it works, so i was hoping a member of this forum knows and could fill me in.

This apology is from me, and was made on my own accord with no push or suggestion of Damian or anyone else who works at Adco, i trully feel bad and wouldnt want to do anything to mar his or the companies reputation. with this i hang my head and await the deserved lashings:(

edited to add: I feel it bares saying so this post is taken in the right light. Damian in a calm manner gave me an opportunity to explain myself, by making me realise that what i said could be taken wrong, where i, and admit it-most of you, would have come out kicking and screaming. this shows an immence level of professionalism and humanity. This act along with his ability to listen to my explination has won him even more of my respect than i had for him prior to my stupidity. i can only hope that this post is taken in the light it is meant, and will not shine poorly on damian since his handling of this situation is more gentlemanly than i could ever have mustered...i tip my hat to you in appreciation.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Lift your damned head, man! Your apology is accepted and appreciated. Internet communication in public forums can be quite tricky. I, too, have been less than crystal clear and caused some mild inflammations to other Forumites.

So with that, "fuggedaboutit"! Let's build some toys, shall we?

Damian

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dubb-1 said:
Lift your damned head, man! Your apology is accepted and appreciated. Internet communication in public forums can be quite tricky. I, too, have been less than crystal clear and caused some mild inflammations to other Forumites.

So with that, "fuggedaboutit"! Let's build some toys, shall we?

Damian
a true gentleman...now about that toy...hehe

·
Premium Member
20,405 Posts
Man, if you can shoot as well as you make amends, I want you on my side! Class job, NJ!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.