1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I had a real go-'round with that BP Ten.

Thought it would NEVER feed!

It wouldn't run any of my handloads that my other guns would run, so I contacted Kimber and they said to try factory ammo before sending it back.

Yeah, right! I said.

I made a lot of fuss about it because even my older Kimbers never had this much trouble. I figured I'd better try it though, so I got some Winchester 230gr JHP, no feed. Some Federal 230 JHP, no feed...Sellier & Bellot, no feed. Finally some American Amunition 230 gr FMJ's fed two in a row! So I plinked along for about 25 rounds of that stuff until it started chugging down 3 or 4 in a row without gagging...soon it would feed the whole mag! About 100 round later, it feeds anything, even my 200 gr D&J's! I'm happy now!

Until I went to clean it and I went to remove the extractor and firing pin, and saw all them itty, bitty parts that make up that extractor mech....well that's another story.

The bottom line is, I'm very happy with this gun now. Thanks, Kimber and all the folks who told me to stick with it do as they said from this here site!:p

·
Registered
724 Posts
stillwater, I`m glad it started running for you. I do think they are gonna be a little ammo sensitive as far as aol. goes. I hand cycled a Federal 230 gr. and mine locked up. Wouldn`t open or go to battery until I dropped the mag. Kinda tells me the thoating or ramp might be a little tight. My wife had surgery 11-4 and I didn`t get to go to the range and try hard ball in mine this weekend. Run a bunch of 200 gr. swcs through yours and keep in touch. Mine gobbles them up. Bob

·
Registered
724 Posts
stillwater, it takes a big man to apologize in public as you did. You weren`t wrong though, just unhappy that your new pistol wouldn`t run. I don`t blame you. You`ve got my respect on this end. Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts