1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Administrator
73,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...from vilification at the hands of the far-left. Now even Ulysses S Grant and Francis Scott Key are considered evil racists. Just wait for these goons to try and tear down monuments to Washington and Jefferson next.

San Francisco protesters tear down statues of Ulysses S Grant, Francis Scott Key

I know this isn't directly gun-related, but it tears me up to see these mobs tear down everything related to our great nation's history just because it no longer suits their narrative. It's like the Chinese Red Guards have now arrived.

·
Registered
21,856 Posts
There has already been a statue of George Washington knocked down and the "protesters" say Thomas Jefferson is next.
And Christopher Columbus has been toppled more than once.

Our redstate do-gooders are thus far content to campaign to have the generic Confederate statue moved from the courthouse to the Confederate section of the cemetery.

What will they do when they learn that the cannons on Old South courthouse lawns are traditionally pointed north?

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
It was only a matter of time.
Grant married into the Dent family and they owned a lot of slaves.
It was a way of life for most of the country back then. Right or wrong it IS our history.
Believe me when I tell you they will soon be crying to rename the capital because it’s also named offer a racist slave owner.
Destruction of this country as we know and knew it is their simple goal.

Heck Pelosi had four portraits of speakers of the house who were in the confederacy removed from the House hall the other day too.

STOP the world! I wanna get off...

·
Registered
22 Posts
At some point this "purge" must be stopped. It amazes me that "polite society" and those with Civic responsibilities have allowed this to continue. I worry for the future of this country.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
They defaced and tore down statues of Thomas Jefferson and George Washington in Portland, Oregon.

·
Registered
521 Posts
To keep it gun related, the people those statues represent were very familiar with guns, and the use of them to secure the blessings of liberty.

·
Premium Member
13,768 Posts
Marxist-Coallition (BLM, ANTIFA, Lefty Party, etc.) Revolution attempt in America is in (full) swing at this point...It is all around us from villainizing cops, to raising rioters, arsonist, and murders to "hero" status, to the influence BLM has of the rule of law (including the Supreme Court, who just refused to hear 10 2A law suits that they had in their queue for over 1.5 years), to many publicly traded companies donating huge sums to the Marxist/BLM, etc. And the SWAMP is bending to the Marxists which makes it even more dangerous...Never, ever start violence, but be prepared to defend yourself, I pray it will not, but there is a good chance it will get a lot worse.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
THe goal here is nothing less than the destruction of America. Don't you know that we are a racist country, with racist roots, and the source of all evil in the world? Only a worker's paradise will save us, don't you know?

Say NO to this mob. It is time to take our nation back from these "enemies domestic".

[/Rant]

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
...from vilification at the hands of the far-left. Now even Ulysses S Grant and Francis Scott Key are considered evil racists. Just wait for these goons to try and tear down monuments to Washington and Jefferson next.

San Francisco protesters tear down statues of Ulysses S Grant, Francis Scott Key

I know this isn't directly gun-related, but it tears me up to see these mobs tear down everything related to our great nation's history just because it no longer suits their narrative. It's like the Chinese Red Guards have now arrived.
These protests have nothing to do w/ Racism and everything to do w/ Anarchy. Where are the Police to prevent this? Am guessing their Leftist Political Masters will not allow them to intervene.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I still have a bet riding on the idiots vandalizing a statue of Martin Luther King by Thanksgiving.

"All statues are racist!"

·
Registered
140 Posts
Do you reckon they will burn any $50 bills in their wallets just for spite? How about their $1 bills which is more than likely what they have? I bet not!

·
Registered
13,159 Posts
warbird1------------ That's actually a very profound point.

Why DON'T these people burn their currency that has images of slave owners?

Answer: Because that money belongs TO THEM!!! They are only willing to "make a point" through vandalism, when it's of OTHER PEOPLE'S STUFF.

Their Moral Outrage ends, literally, at their OWN pocketbook.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I wonder if the country will be allowed to be destroyed or if at some point enough true Americans will decide that it is time to restore the Republic?

·
Premium Member
13,768 Posts
I wonder if the country will be allowed to be destroyed or if at some point enough true Americans will decide that it is time to restore the Republic?
What about garbing some friends, go defend a statue...Philly and other areas are fighting back...The Marxist mob uses social-media extensively to coordinate their Evil Raid's, but I don't see anything like that on our side which is going to sound a trumpet to get all the good-guys across the country out of the house at the same time.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yet, one statue that should be torn down still stands. The statue of Vladimir Lenin in Seattle. Of course he’s a hero to those idiots.

·
Registered
57 Posts
These fools destroy all their credibility when they do BS like this. THE general who led the Union to defeat the Confederacy and end slavery... They tear down HIS statue.

Even if you wanted to sympathize even a little with some of these issues, the people who are their leaders and movement influencers stand by and say NOTHING when their followers do stuff like this. Why would anyone give these people the time of day, much less your attention and support?

·
Premium Member
9,002 Posts
This Marxist insanity isn't just limited to statues, but to the names of streets, municipalities and counties. The want to change the name of Broward county because it is named after a Florida governor they deemed racist.

They are also banning people on social media that say anything... absolutely anything that criticizes Black Lives Matter, even if it is a constructive discussion. No one can utter a word or even hint that the BLM is any way or fashion a flawed political movement. Heaven forbid you speak those words.

As one protester I saw on TV the other night in a mob of hundreds... you are either "with them or against them". Nothing in the middle... no neutral ground.

Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Castro all would be proud. Oh... in Miami, a group had a banner with that iconic image of "Che" Guevara. A year ago, the Cuban exile community would have thrown rocks and bottles at anyone carrying that around.

Meanwhile, Black on Black homicides continues unabated in Chicago and in the rest of the country. We had an uptick here in this area on Black on Black drive by shootings.

·
Registered
155 Posts
What about garbing some friends, go defend a statue...Philly and other areas are fighting back...The Marxist mob uses social-media extensively to coordinate their Evil Raid's, but I don't see anything like that on our side which is going to sound a trumpet to get all the good-guys across the country out of the house at the same time.
It is going to have to be some organization such as the VFW or the American Legion to issue a call to arms. Our enemy is organized, we are not.

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Sorry for the stupid question, but,

Aren’t these statues government Property (state or federal)?

Where I come from, anyone would be in huge trouble, prosecuted, fined,etc.

Or if this is ok, can I go destroy a statue I don’t like?

History is history and property is property...this crap needs to stop.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.