1911Forum banner

Ar 15 pistols

2075 Views 17 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Gunlovintexan
Waiting to see the Kel-Tec .223 pistol in person and any other AR 15 pistols at the Shot Show.Any one have a AR 15 pistol they can tell me about?Pros&Cons.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
362 Posts
radar ralf said:
And one of the reasons .223 AP ammo was restricted!
Whoa! After I wrote this, I decided to explore the Internet on the subject. Man, I'm not so sure now about the restrictions on .223 AP ammo... I read a couple of articles that were pretty dang confusing to me. There was a lot of legalese and double-talk. Does anyone have the definitive answer about this issue? I thought all .223 AP ammo was taken off the shelves when the very first Carbon-15 pistol was introduced.

· Registered
260 Posts
I have a OA-93 just one of those have to have things. As far as AP a 62gr ss109 steel core will penitrate soft armor, and heavy steel armor plate a .223 anything may as well be a BB gun.

· Registered
678 Posts
skinnygun said:
Waiting to see the Kel-Tec .223 pistol in person and any other AR 15 pistols at the Shot Show.Any one have a AR 15 pistol they can tell me about?Pros&Cons.
+1 stupid loud and pointless...just get the real deal an AR15

· Registered
3,453 Posts
I thought you could still pick up the greentip AP ammo in .223?

· Registered
260 Posts
NaturalSelector said:
I thought you could still pick up the greentip AP ammo in .223?
You can, that is what ss109 is. Green tip with a steel penatrator core. It is used for lightily armored targets. It is not a true AP but it will do it.

· Registered
56 Posts
I have a BM Carbon 15 and it's a fun range toy. Would I use it for anything other than that, no. Is it loud, yes. It's not as loud as my 44mag revolver though. It has almost no recoil and all you have to do is throw a beta drum on it to really have some fun.

· Registered
3,499 Posts
ecm said:
I have a BM Carbon 15 and it's a fun range toy. Would I use it for anything other than that, no. Is it loud, yes. It's not as loud as my 44mag revolver though. It has almost no recoil and all you have to do is throw a beta drum on it to really have some fun.
I don't get the "loud" argument. If you are at a range, don't you wear hearing protection? If I'm in a booth and it's still not enough I'll toss some of the soft foam ones into my tater chutes.:)

To all of those that like these "AR pistols", ignore those calling them pointless. This is America. If it's availaible legally then no one should tell you what to do with your money or make you feel "stupid" for buying it just because they don't think it's cool.

BTW, I'm sure there are plenty of .223 haters out there that would call an AR-15 "pointless" and tell you to get the real deal. An AR-10.

· Registered
3,499 Posts
45procarry said:

NOT LOUD

LOUD
More like "loud" and "OMG! I CAN'T HEAR! MY EARS! THERE"S BLOOD COMING OUT OF MY EARS! HELP ME! MY EARS!!!!":biglaugh:

· Registered
678 Posts
HiVelSword said:
I don't get the "loud" argument. If you are at a range, don't you wear hearing protection? If I'm in a booth and it's still not enough I'll toss some of the soft foam ones into my tater chutes.:)

To all of those that like these "AR pistols", ignore those calling them pointless. This is America. If it's availaible legally then no one should tell you what to do with your money or make you feel "stupid" for buying it just because they don't think it's cool.

BTW, I'm sure there are plenty of .223 haters out there that would call an AR-15 "pointless" and tell you to get the real deal. An AR-10.

you know i never thought about it that way...me being one of the posters saying it was pointless...i kinda regret it now shoulda thought about it before talking out my a$$...but yea you are right im wrong dont rub it in :p its america if u think its awesome and u want go get it....shoot i just moved here from california (to texas) first thing i did was buy an ar 15...:rock: have fun good shootin!:)

· Registered
3,499 Posts
Gunlovintexan said:
you know i never thought about it that way...me being one of the posters saying it was pointless...i kinda regret it now shoulda thought about it before talking out my a$$...but yea you are right im wrong dont rub it in :p its america if u think its awesome and u want go get it....shoot i just moved here from california (to texas) first thing i did was buy an ar 15...:rock: have fun good shootin!:)
I made my point but I coulda been less cranky about it. Sorry 'bout that.

Hey, I'm just happy when it goes "bang" :)

Be well n' shoot safe! Enjoy your AR's no matter what the configuration! :rock:

· Registered
678 Posts
actually i did think it was cranky or mean just kinda of a point maker...which is good..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.