1911Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
the accuracy differences must be due to the twist rate/velocity. i know shooting sharps that even 1" can make a difference.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I have been trying to find a lever gun for a while, now y'all get me thinking more about them.
Had my hands on a Henry but it didn't feel good to me, seemed light in the middle?
I have the Browning lever in 22lr great shooter, sight's set for 100 yards.( New back in about 1978)
Shooting 6 inch steels , gun club shooting a match at steel rabbits and others stopped and had to see the rifle!
Bought a Marlin 1892 in 32 long colt , they don't make guns now days that feels that good in hands! Gifting it to my Grandson.
Ever time I think I know what I want I read more from you guys! Y'all are not making it easier!
Going to hold off and go to next gun show hopefully find one or order new one.
i found a new cimarron 38/55 m94 from elk city firearms in pa. they have guns listed on gun broker, but you can also call. the prices looked about right. fwiw, i am a HUGE fan of 38/55. my memory is cimarron does not have a safety.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Love these levers!

I found them to be as accurate as any bolt rifle. Only downside is the big metplat instead of a SP, so range is limited - somewhat.

I found a pre crossbolt Marlin 94 in 44mag/Spl. to start my journey. Then I bought one of the very last Marlin made GBL in 45-70. Quite the thumper! Made before the remington kludge, so it has good fit and finish, barrel is laser straight, just like you'd expect from Marlin.

Then one fine day I was walking peacefully in the LGS when a BLR in 308 jumped out at me and stuck to my hand. Original Miroku version looking like new. Found an extra mag for it marked at the original $50 in the wrapper. Almost sprained my wrist getting to my cash.

I own no EBR's, but I do have a mini 30 and a BAR. Give me wood and steel.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I’m in process of selling out myself. Only have one in post war bracket that stays in family. That’s the Marlin Maurader 30/30. The rest of them are going or gone.
Tool Gun accessory Wood Everyday carry Metal

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
i found a new cimarron 38/55 m94 from elk city firearms in pa. they have guns listed on gun broker, but you can also call. the prices looked about right. fwiw, i am a HUGE fan of 38/55. my memory is cimarron does not have a safety.
I think the .38-55 looks like a really great cartridge for a lot of deer hunting applications. I've long wanted a .38-55.

·
Registered
25,598 Posts
the accuracy differences must be due to the twist rate/velocity. i know shooting sharps that even 1" can make a difference.
Not really sure what to say about that. My Uberti Low Wall definitely edges out my model 53 in the accuracy department, but not by much. We are looking at a 22" barrel as opposed to the 30' barrel on the Low Wall. But normally a well made single shot will shoot better than a lever gun at any rate.
Wood Sleeve Pattern Linens Rectangle

41 - 48 of 48 Posts