1911Forum banner

AR15 Case

2218 Views 23 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Cmdr11
I have an AR15 that I carry with me on patrol. We must carry it in the trunk of our patrol cars. I just added an EOTech site to the rifle, and I am in the market for a nice, lightweight case that will protect the gun and site in the trunk. Anyone have some suggestions? Thanks!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Premium Member
906 Posts
I'm using a Leapers from Cheaper than Dirt. I bought the large size and there is room for my M-4 W/ 30 rd magazine inserted, eotech, M-6 on the front and vertical foregrip. The foam is like 1 1/4" thick on each side plus there is half a dozen mag pouches on the outside.

Been using the case for about 2 years now, in and out of the car daily. The only complaint is the shoulder strap attaching point has worn and pulled mostly out. Well designed case other than that.

· Registered
842 Posts
Just a thought

If it is going to be BOUNCING around in the trunk
with the other stuff, I would STRONGLY suggest
that you get a hard case.
You probably have well over a 1200.00 invested
in the gun and equipment on it.

Having said that, this is what I got for my AR.
But mine rides up front.

https://www.bagmaster.com/index.htm
Look under tac cases.

Or look under heavy weapons cases for the more
square looking cases.

· Registered
323 Posts
I have a Maxpedition carbine case and it works great. It is well padded and rectangular with an exterior zip up pocket for extra mags etc. It is very similar to the Eagle and Blackhawk discreet cases, but runs alot cheaper. I picked mine up from GT Distributors.

· Super Moderator
13,633 Posts
+1 on the Eagle discrete case, it's soft sided but padded, rectangular, with 4x30 round mag pockets inside and a huge exterior zippered pocket. In the rifle compartment there are two velcro straps that holds the rifle in place. It will accept a rifle with optics/forward pistol grip/weapon light mounted. It has carry handles/straps and a removable shoulder strap. Available for different weapon lengths from CAR/M4 to full 20" barrel length.

· Registered
863 Posts
Another happy Eagle Industries user

Ricky T said:
+1 on the Eagle discrete case, it's soft sided but padded, rectangular, with 4x30 round mag pockets inside and a huge exterior zippered pocket. In the rifle compartment there are two velcro straps that holds the rifle in place. It will accept a rifle with optics/forward pistol grip/weapon light mounted. It has carry handles/straps and a removable shoulder strap. Available for different weapon lengths from CAR/M4 to full 20" barrel length.
I have a 35/36" model for a 16" Colt's Carbine with an A-1 length stock & Aimpoint ML3. The outside pocket is sturdy enough that I can put my Government Carbine in and transport two Colt's in the same case.

Good shopping & good shooting!
:) :) :) :)

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the idea of using the hard case, and the Pelican looks very nice and secure. I cannot tell how hard it is to get open by looking at the photo though. If I need the rifle quickly, how hard is it to get to? I'm not sure I'd want to pop open two or three latches. I imagine in general the better protected the gun is, the harder it is to get to. I would like to balance those two factors somewhat.

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far!

Troy

· Registered
29 Posts
Troy

Have you looked at the Bushmaster hard case?

We're not talking anything that's going to take getting pounded with a sledgehammer, but for something to avoid bumps/etc, it should be fine. It has 4 closure points on it, but you can always just keep two of 'em closed.

For $17 + shipping, you can't really go wrong either.

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/accessories/10483.asp

· Registered
863 Posts
There was an interesting case shown over on the AR15.com under the group buys. The guy had Eagle Industries make up 100 of their discreet cases for a CAR 15 sized gun (31/33" maybe) in a medium to light blue. The first batch is gone, but it's an interesting concept. The seller said that you could take one to a place that screens T-shirts and have them screen print a non shooting related logo on the bag. They were pricey at $125.

I think that sized AR would also fit in a skateboard bag and perhaps a paintball gun bag.

Good shooting!
:) :) :) :)

· Registered
29 Posts
TAC Force

I've been carrying my M4s in TAC Force cases lately. Discrete style - ballistic nylon with corded zipper pulls from the factory. It retains its shape and has positionable straps on the inside of the main compartment. I've got the 36" models and can carry the M4s with the stocks extended - fits with EOTech and vertical fore grips.

It also has a huge external pocket that runs the length of the case with Velcro all over the inside for positioning gear - it comes with a removable 3 magazine holster with rings that you could easily attach a strap to and "go". I can position all kinds of extra carry items in the front pouch.

It also has a metal attached removable carry strap with padded slider and nylon carry handles.

They generally run about $50 for the 36" case - black or OD.

A google search for "TAC Force" will find a lot of distributors then find the best price.

I'm 100% happy and would recommend it.

· Registered
158 Posts
I would try an Eagle Discreet. Best case I have ever used. I will say though that putting your carbine in the trunk is a bad idea. When you need it you will need it now not later and the time it takes to get into the trunk might be to slow. YMMV.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.