1911Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a man of amazing means, so the "get a real Browning" should be saved for someone with a better credit line. :)

I'm looking for an entertaining range gun, have handled one locally, and the Arcus 94 (single action, not the DAO) didn't look like a bad gun for the money. I don't have anything in the Hi-Power family and wanted to see if I liked the design and how it handled without investing a lot of money to find out.

I've had pretty good luck with other Eastern European firearms.

Any caveats on this one or direct problem stories I should know about? Compatibility with Hi-Power parts or not, etc?

If I have to order one, I'll do it through AIM as I've had very good luck with their customer service, so I'm not worried there if I end up with a lemon.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I've had a M-94 for several years and it's been a good gun. Most parts are interchangeable although the frame and slide are quite different.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
You will like that Arcus, my buddy has one and even though it is a little bulky, it does scream "p-35" and there was never a prob with feeding extracting and the like.

·
Registered
559 Posts
i just ordered one last week, hope to have it by the weekend.

i'm gonna toss on some thin navidrex micarta grips (not into the bulky wrap-around type) and buy a few mags and that'll be it!

i'm looking forward to shooting it after reading that the pistol is well worth the money.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have a matte black M 94.THe stock wrap around grips don't do it for me and I also plan to use the black checkered navridex.It's going to be Gunkoted OD green.THe gun shoots and functions as well as any HP...being forged steel and a couple ounces heavier,it should last at least as long.

Berto

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guess I'll have to go out and pick one up for myself for Christmas, if I can't justify it sooner. :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
well i just picked up my arcus today and i must say its way more than i expected for $220!

the slide to frame fit and barrel to bushing are both better than the Colt XS and Kimber Pro Carry that proceeded it.

i cycled 2 mags through it by hand and seemed good to go. the mags that come with it seem of pretty low quality (i have 2 15rd ARG mags on order from CDNN) but we'll see how they do at the range tomorrow.

grips are a bit too thick as i figured they would be, a set of navidrex are on the way from Brownells.

pistol was a bit dirty/greasy upon opening but a std cleaning session took care of that...

i'll do a range report tomorrow after i get back from trying out the new blaster.

·
Registered
12 Posts
How is Poky? Nice to see another Idaho member!

The Arcus looks a good value. Some people might take
isssue that it is a clone made in Bulgaria, but would buy
a Bulgie MAK or Ak47 in a heartbeat.

I'm still awaiting the release of the Daly HP. That gun has
everything i want or need on a P-35 clone. Whether it is
worth twice as money as the Arcus, I don't really know.:eek:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not one to ask how it is. I'm recovering from kidney stones, so my perception is a little warped. :)

I'm hoping it's decent when I get around to ordering one nearer to Christmas.

I'm not afraid of ComBlock guns, or I wouldn't carry a Mak when the 1911 is just too big.

·
Registered
96 Posts
aimsurplus.com has the ARCUS 94's for $219.95

·
Registered
55 Posts
As the owner/shooter of an Arcus 94(picked it up at a WAC gun show), I only have the following to complain about:
1) The finish is rather thin, mine has the matte, and it's wearing already.
2) The trigger is gritty even with a number of trips to the range and 500+ rounds thru the barrel.

That said, I can't complain too loud for what I paid ($275)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Initial membership is $35 ($10 goes for a background check, if you have a state CCP or current FFL, that will suffice for the check) . Annual renewal is $25.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
So I have a WCPL, it would be $25 total? And you get the newsletter. I think I will do it,

Thanks!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts