1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright fellows I just bought my first Hi Power, an Arcus 94. This gun is amazingly accurate (20 yards 5 rounds 2.5 inc avg, and one 17 round mag into ~4 in at 7 yds fast as I could get em out) and hasn't had a malfuntion in the first 400 rounds. Is this indicative of the Hi Power design, or can I expect to never find another Hi Power that can do this?

Is it possible to find night sights for my Arcus (dovetail front and rear). I would like to get another one if I could expect the gun to perform similarly and if night sights are available. Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Hello and congrats on your Arcus. The HP has proven very, very reliable with ball from its inception. In the early '70s, it was not unusual for them to be a bit tempermental with JHPs, but some tweaking, polishing and so forth usually eliminated all of that. Later HPs such as the MkII and newer MkIII pistols usually feed about anything right out of the box.

Best.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well got some bad news from my smith today. He does'nt think that he can get any night sights that will work for my Arcus. I'll keep looking but it doesn't look good. I will post if I find anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts