1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found one for sale locally and I'd like to know if it is a decent deal or not.

Pistol is a very nice Dan Wesson (pre-CZ) 1911, Patriot CCO (Concealed Carry Officers) in 45acp. Less than 1500rnds through it, true Commander length slide, factory XS nightsights still bright, and comes with lots of extras! 5 mags (3 wilsons, 1 shooting star & one unmarked), Comp-Tac CTAC, factory hard case, and a couple kydex mag carriers for your belt.

He's asking $725 for it, even though this is more $$ then what I have right now I could stretch my budget to get it if it is worth it. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Minus the gear I'd say your in the $600 range for what amounts to be a fairly sought after, out of production pistol that would bring $200-300 more than that new today

Fill in where you're from and then we'll tell you if it sounds like a good deal. Right after we peruse all the shops in the vicinity if they are close enough to us.:biglaugh:

Seriously, I don't know the CCO's but I have 2 DW's I am very proud of and would welcome that one as a third. The trouble is I would have to tell my wife I bought it for her and depending on how she interpreted that she might just use it on me just for buying another gun right now.:bawling:

Welcome to the DW forum! Have a look around and enjoy, there is probably some old posts about the CCO if you search this forum a bit, they might help shed some light on what kind of luck others had with them.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
I paid $725 new for my CCO two years ago. It is one of my favorites, you will love it. The extra goodies are just icing on the cake. Good Luck

·
Hold my beer & watch this
5,570 Posts
With all that gear,that's a pretty good deal. If I wanted an Officer-size model I'd go for it.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Minus the gear I'd say your in the $600 range for what amounts to be a fairly sought after, out of production pistol that would bring $200-300 more than that new today
Last two CCOs I got for customers were within the last 3 months (used, but in mint condition) were priced at about $900! I'll let you decide... :)
Maybe there is hope for me as an appraiser. If I could just get that 'smith that gave me my percentile score as a reference.:biglaugh:

;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Found one for sale locally and I'd like to know if it is a decent deal or not.

Pistol is a very nice Dan Wesson (pre-CZ) 1911, Patriot CCO (Concealed Carry Officers) in 45acp. Less than 1500rnds through it, true Commander length slide, factory XS nightsights still bright, and comes with lots of extras! 5 mags (3 wilsons, 1 shooting star & one unmarked), Comp-Tac CTAC, factory hard case, and a couple kydex mag carriers for your belt.

He's asking $725 for it, even though this is more $$ then what I have right now I could stretch my budget to get it if it is worth it. What do you guys think?
Buy it.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Ejection,

Check your private messages.

Not that it matters, but I carry a DW CCO in 10mm most every day.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Altered???

Ejection:

If this is the same CW CCO that is floating around on other forums for sale, the pic's of it show it as a two tone, receiver being a Flat Black with the front strap being dimpled or peened, with the Slide, beavertail, mag release, and hammer being a flat chrome.

With that being said, I do not know if this pistol is unaltered. "If" it is not box stock, then the questions would be as to who did the altering and you will have to make your purchasing decisions from there.

I would love to have one, box stock in either .45 or the rare 10mm.

Good Luck.
-Rich

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm trying to decide if I should get it or not because I (this may sound silly) want to be able to use the same mags as I use in my Milspec. Keeping my stuff similar in that way keeps me from having to buy a ton of different mags.

·
Premium Member
9,803 Posts
I'm trying to decide if I should get it or not because I (this may sound silly) want to be able to use the same mags as I use in my Milspec. Keeping my stuff similar in that way keeps me from having to buy a ton of different mags.
I sould hope that the gun purchase in question comes with its own mags. no?? don't let that stop ya. DW guns are superb for the $$. sorry, just reread the OP...comes with lots of mags...so why worry about buying more?? go for it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Looking at the description, I'm pretty sure it's the same gun that's been posted on a few forums. I had the similar concerns as Rich/Raw below. Looks like it was altered. And I hate having to judge altered guns that I'm unable to see in person.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Trying to see if we can meet up on Saturday, I reconsidered the mag thing. Plus its just so darn pretty. :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Ejection,
Today is Wednesday, and if I leave tonight...
You may want to take a long lunch and meet with him tomorrow :biglaugh:
DW's Rock!
Bruce

1 - 17 of 17 Posts