1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...Because they don't.
All of my mags drop free in 2 other 1911's that friends have, one of which is a Loaded 1911.

I've also tried another 3rd party mag release, and my mags don't drop free with that either.

OK, so what do I do now?

EDIT: Inspiration struck. The little screw-things that hold the grip on were screwed too tight into the frame.

·
Premium Member
9,803 Posts
you can also lightly tighten the screws into a vise and file 2 or 3 threads off to shorten the ones you have with a few file stokes. If you have a grinder its even easier.

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
It may be the screws- if so get some 1/8 inch "O" rings from Home Depot or Lowes-the O rings will secure the grip pannes and adjust the depth of the screw.

I could be a warped trigger bow as well - take the slide off and see if the mag is rubbing against the trigger bow as you insert the mag.

·
Registered
60 Posts
In the past, I have taken an old grip screw bushing, threaded the current long grip screw into the bushing and clamped the two up side down in a padded vise. Then carefully file one or two threads off the long grip screw. When you back out the grip screw from the bushing it will clean up the filed threads and be ready to re-install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts